HDM 2010 e-mail options

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by leicray, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leicray

leicray Registered Member

To be able to send log files to Paragon for analysis, it's necessary to configure the email options. My email provider (Gmail) requires that connections to its SMTP server be via a secure connection (TLS) on port 587, rather than the default port 25.

There seems to be no way of setting up HDM 2010 to send email securely, so attempts to send log files for analysis always fail.

What's the answer?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

leicray,

As far as I know, email notification doesn't work with free domains.

But it works if you have corporate Exchange mailbox.

3. leicray

leicray Registered Member

Hi Mech An,

Can you clarify what it is that stops email working with free domains? I also have an email account with another provider that does not require a secure connection and so works on the standard port 25. That also fails to send log files to Paragon, though I thought that it might work.

HDM 2010 is installed on my home PC, and the Exchange Server where I work is blocked with regard to sending emails from IP addresses outside of my place of work. So that's not an option.

I can get other applications, such as email notification running on a Linux-based router, to work with the SMTP server from my ISP. Why does HDM 2010 have so many problems?

Many thanks for any other info that you might be able to provide.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.