HDM 14 auto delete of old archive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by John2222, Jun 22, 2014.

1. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

I have scheduled full image backup each week. I would like to keep 3 cycles (3 weeks) of backups.

How can I get HDM 14 to automatically delete any archives older than 3 weeks when it successfully creates the 4th image backup? Each week it creates a new scheduled backup, but the external drive keeps getting fuller. Do I have to manually delete older archives myself? If so, I suggest this option be added.

Windows 8.1 64

2. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

For regular backups, we would advise to use the Cyclic Backup feature. It allows to schedule regular automatic backups and specify a maximum number of backups to be kept, deleting redundant ones to avoid running out of space, as well as the maximum storage space allotted for backups.
    To access Cyclic Backup, go to Wizards > Backup Utilities > Cyclic Backup.
    While in the wizard, you can choose between basic backup and differential backup. Differential backup saves drive space by only storing the changes that occurred since the last full backup. You may find it useful if backup drive space becomes a concern. If you select this, the program will make a full backup on the first round, then carry on with differentials.

Cyclic backup available in Professional version of HDM 14.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.