HDD going bad - Cloning to bigger drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dennis L, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis L

Dennis L Registered Member

Thanks again Brian - Hi Mudcrab

Thanks for the response, real use explanations always help. :)

In the MBR and Track 0 options, a better UI to "one click" answer's to question, "Do I - Do I not" choose this option. I don't know how many "Do I" choices qualify the use of this option, but if Multi-boot/OS'ing and Vista are the primaries, I could have made a snap decision - option not required, move on to complete the process.

I have been imaging for about a year (TI9). Prior, I had GoBack (Roxio) installed on all the home networked computers. It was a "carefree / always done" process. I can not count the times it saved my bacon. But GoBack had no means to recover from a full HDD meltdown ... and your baked. So prior to selecting TI, I looked at numerous imaging solutions, including BartPE. Some of my requirements included "ease of use / speed / automation" within reasonable parameters of accepted risk. With 7 kids ages 13 to 27 years old I was hoping to provide "can do it myself / done right" backup process (can't babysit them forever). I chose Acronis with the hopes it could "someday" provide this. Today it can't, but then nothing else can either... (that I'm aware of - suggestions welcome). The core problem is the masses do not care about this stuff... which is where 6 of my 7 kids sit. They like computers and use computers daily. But that is where it stops. Do NOT bother them with anything else about computers... AOL is what they are today because of this mentality. With disk storage becoming so cheap, hopefully many computers someday will have 2 internal drives with bundled software to automatically link to your external drive via Blue Tooth and provide a "carefree / always done" process. One can only hope.
    You folks have a good day.

Dennis L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.