Have Trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c need help removing

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Mike devilboy, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesa

Lesa Guest

I can't seem to get the "killbox" to download. please help

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. lesa

lesa Guest

I tried that link also, that doesn't work either., I get the following message.
    "there was a proble loading the file specified when running the accessibility wizard". I'm not sure how to make that quit running.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility
    You will see the Accessibility Wizard there.
    You can turn the option off that is on.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Enlightenedteenage

Enlightenedteenage Registered Member

Oh my lord!
    u made my computer a free bird
    thank u thanku

i love ur way!..i am a young tennager..got affected by this stupid adware
    i finally..did ur way...with courage and magic of ur solution.presto!..my com is free...thanxxxx..may the force be with u my friend!

6. Enlightenedteenage

Enlightenedteenage Registered Member

hellloo..thanks to pieter...i was puring the above gratitude to u!
    thank u may god bless u ..take care..tata

7. GGeorgge

GGeorgge Registered Member

Thank you for your response,

I managed to get rid of the problem when I ran Ewido scan. It worked fine for two days, then i was hijacked once more with the infamous blue screen. I ran Ewido again and Cleanup and did a reboot only to find that nothing was working. I cant clic on any icons, the START page dosent want to open, so i cant access any programs or file. Same problem in safe mode. When I move the mouse cursor over the taskbar I notice that it's trying to load something. THe only thing that works is CTRL-ALT-DEL . I notice that the CPU usage is at 100%. So I checked my processor fan and it was pretty messy. I clean it up, check the cpu temparature wich was at about 62 but that did not solve the problem, cpu is still at 100% and i cant open anything on the PC. So unfortunatly i cant even run an HIjackThis scan. You have an idea what could be the problem? Thanks again

GGeorgge

8. pardeep

pardeep Guest

need help removing Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c

9. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Have u have tried all the fixes in this thread?

If so, please give more details as to what is happening on your system.

snowbound

10. The cleanup! program link doesnt seem to work for me. Does anyone know where else I can get a copy of this program?

Thanks

****@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2005
  11. Uranium

Uranium Guest

I got this last night, but I have the additional problem of not being able to do anything because it keeps crashing my system... I can't even get the damned thing to boot up. Any suggestions?

12. Vijay Kumar

Vijay Kumar Guest

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all the info regarding the removal of the trojan. I too am suffering from this trojan problem.

I have certain doubts regarding this. It would be nice, if, someone clarifies me.

- Is this trojan infectious ie., does it spread from system to system?
    - Now that i am infected with this trojan, if i write a CD(of say data or mp3) and use it on someother system, will it infect that system?

Please let me know about this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Vijay.

13. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Worms and Viruses replicate themselves and spread throughout the system, and from system to system, but Trojans do not reproduce themselves.

You are unlikely to infect another system by simple data exchange; but of course if you copied malware files and transfered them you would be doing for the trojan that which it cannot do for itself, namely you would be reproducing and spreading it!

14. Vijay Kumar

Vijay Kumar Guest

Thanks TopperID for the info.

15. Gauthm

Gauthm Guest

Re: Have Trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c need help to remove

I have been struck by the troja-spy,html.smitfraud.c virus and need help removing it from my computer. It has taken over my desk top and will not let me replace the blue background with this message.
    SECURITY WARNING
    a fatal error in IE has occured at 0028:C001E36 in VXD VMM (01) + 00010E36. Error was caused by trojan_spy.html.smitfraud.c
    *system can not function in normal mode. Please check security settings.
    *Scan your pc with any antivirus/spyware remover program to remove the proble.
    There is a icon on the taskbar which says " Computer has been affected by Virus" when the mouse is pointed towards that.

Please halp me to get this out my system and solve the problem.

16. gbw

gbw Guest

i got my background back to normal but the "windows explorer has encountered an error" problem still persists.

anyone have any idea how to stop this?

17. nails

nails Guest

pocket killbox?

so the instructions say to erase all those files at the same time with killbox... but i can't get it to paste all at the same time... anyone?

18. TopperID

If you're looking for instructions on how to do simultaneous deletes with Killbox, try this:-
    There might be slight differences between 'Killbox' and 'Pocket Killbox', but the above should enable you to proceed.

19. Shofish

Shofish Registered Member

Hey all, I think Bnelly presented this problem earlier, but apparently no replies :( I know for sure I have this infection on my computer because I have the blue screen too. But for me, I can't get to any of my programs, files, folders, whatever. When I boot up my computer, the message saying "explorer.exe has performed an illegal operation" and will be shut down appears. Then it closes itself, and the same message appears repeatedly at about 5 second intervals. I can't click on anything to get things to run. I tried booting in safe mode, but that didn't work either. So now there's all these good solutions to the infection posted in this thead. But what should I do? now that I can't run any of the programs?

Thanks for your help

20. TopperID

21. sharingan

sharingan Guest

Hi guys,
    I got this problem at the moment and can't seem to get rid of it. All i can see is the blue background with the warnings. I can't even access to anything to start with. I got to IE quickly by double-clicking on the icon at start up before it gets cover by the blue background. I've removed all the Trojan that come in Safe Mode and scanning my comp with Ad-Aware AVG, but nothing comes up. Can someone help me remove the blue background please =(

22. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Looks like u are in need of expert help to finish the cleanup of this infection.

U could post a HijackThis log at this site,

http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170

and let the experts give u recommendations of how to rid your computer of this malware.

snowbound

23. TopperID

24. GSD

GSD Guest

pieter_arntz and jackiedennington have saved my life! I got the virus on my boyfriend's computer and almost paid over $100 to have it fixed...thank you so much for your genius help and advice!
    God bless
    GD

25. RogerDarlington

RogerDarlington Registered Member

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c

PLEASE HELP!

I have just received a Trojan virus yesterday. I have a message on my desktop which has become an awful blue colour. The message is:
    Security Warning
    A fatal error in IE has occured at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM<01> + 00010E36. Error was caused by Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c
    *System can not function in normal mode.
    Please check your security settings.
    * Scan your PC with any available antivirus / spyware remover program to fix the problem.

This was accompanied by a pop up program called PCGuard which ran automatically and sent a message on the desktop saying that I had 11 infections. I was suspicious of this program having not seen it before and when I ran an 'find now' for it, it pulled up about 6 locations of PCGuard which had the same date and time as I received the virus. I therefore thought PCGuard to be related to the virus and I deleted it.
    I then updated my Norton definitions and ran a full system scan. This found 3 infections two of which were called Trojan and I deleted them.
    I then ran SpyBot which found about 6 infections which it deleted. It also gave a message which read:
    Error during check!
    Xuron55 (Datei C:\WINDOWS\win.ini.kann nicht geoffnet werden. The process it is being use by another process)
    Congratulations!
    No immediate threats were found.

Is there an infection with my SpyBot also?

If anyone can help me with getting rid of this problem I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.