Have this; WIN32/TrojanDownloader.VB.AWJ need help

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wakedev, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakedev

wakedev Registered Member

I have been looking all through here to no avail. I am a new user to NOD32 as recommended by a friend in the tech world. I used to use AVG. It found this problem also. But even with NOD, I cannot seem to get rid of it. NOD's in-depth scan & clean finds the problem and tells me it is safe to delete the associated file "C:\System Volume Information\_restore{2466A83D-1B81-456E-9766-38C2B7E48210}\RP1018\A0067936.exe »NSIS »vMW105a2291.exe - Win32/TrojanDownloader.VB.AWJ trojan" but it the option to delete is grayed out. I then try to find the path to the file and am told that access is denied.

Somebody please advise.

*Sorry if this has been addressed anywhere else. Truly, I did look all over before posting o_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

I think AVG took care of it. Most AVs leave alone infected files in the System Restore. Try resetting your System Restore.

thanatos

4. wakedev

wakedev Registered Member

Thank you to both of you.
    HiTech_boy, I followed the thread link and followed all directions. This seems to cleaned the problem. I appreciate your assistance :D

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.