Haute Secure Beta 2

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kees1958, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Beta 2 just released, changed a lot compared to beta 1

I really like the ap on Vista64, son does not complain about slow downs when gaming. We use it in this setup. I think I will not continue PRSC because I like HS more.

New Beta2 has changed a lot.

Below blocklist subscription and management of web shared block list.

Attached Files:

• HS1.jpg
      HS1.jpg
      File size:
      135.1 KB
      Views:
    • HS2.jpg
      HS2.jpg
      File size:
      105.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  2. Kees1958

general registry protection and more (global), the soft policy sandbox (applies to all programs when selected).

Attached Files:

• hs3.jpg
      hs3.jpg
      File size:
      52.6 KB
      Views:
    • hs4.jpg
      hs4.jpg
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Kees1958

And off course program specific profiles based on preset templates or 'recorded' by activating global rules (can change or unselect).

Haute secure pop-ups in very large windows, service windows are a lot smaller. History can be viewed. Allowing programs has to be done by entering a displayed random number.

Attached Files:

• hs5.jpg
      hs5.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
    • hs6.jpg
      hs6.jpg
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Kees1958

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Does it support Firefox?

6. Kees1958

WSFuser,

It already has a FireFox template, but because we do not use FF anymore I can not tell. I downloaded FF for my son, but he now also uses IE. When updating HS to beta2 I noticed that he had removed FF.

Regards K

7. s4u

s4u Registered Member

does it work like threatfire?

8. Kees1958

No,

It is a soft sandbox, which protects internet facing aps. It started as a Vista (32 and 64) competitor of linkscanner pro, now it also monitors some registry entries (the usual), startup of programs which could be used for system intrusion (cmd.exe f.i.) and some process monitoring (create service, driver loading, memory violation).

Think of it as a combo of LinkScanner Pro and a less restrictive version of GeSWall which asks in stead of blocks and only protects the parts which will not be any hassle to the user. In Vista64 UAC and IE7 in protected mode will compensate for a large part the lesser protection scope of HauteSecure compared to fi GeSWall.

It really makes Vista64 a safer OS for noobs. Add a decent AV and VistFireWallControl free and Vista64 is really a stronger and safer OS for the large public.

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Not really that interesting to me since it only protects IE (which I don´t use) and the question is if it will conflict with other HIPS. I do think it´s interesting to see which things they are monitoring. :)

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I remember having an Uninstall nightmare with v.1 a while ago. I did mess up my O/S. Just wonder the new beta has this issue fixed or made a bit easy ?

11. Kees1958

On Vista64 all went well (uninstall/install)

12. hautesecure

hautesecure Registered Member

Hi!

I wanted to let you know that Haute Secure really appreciates your discussions about our Beta 2 releases.

We have made several revisions to our Beta releases, and based on the discussions here, it appears some of you have version 1.2.1.1309. That is great, however the latest version, 1.1.2.1571 has further improvements, including Firefox 2.x and 3.x support.

Other great additions to these Beta releases include:

Blocklists: You can now create up to five of your own Blocklists, and subscribe to as many as you like. A Blocklist is a list of URLs you create and manage to prevent yourself, or your subscribers, from browsing to a malicious site. When you create a Blocklist all of your activated computers are automatically subscribed to that list.

Site Safety Reputations in Browser Search Results: Information we have compiled (including those from our partners and the Haute Secure community) concerning website reputation is provided to you alongside your Google and Yahoo search results. When you search, you will see icons representing Community Information, Site Voting, and any Haute Secure warnings next to each entry in your search results. Hovering over the icon provides users with additional, helpful information.

Community Protection: You already benefit as more people use our software, and now we're including the work of others in the community. When you install Haute Secure, we're including block lists from Google, Spamhaus and Phishtank in addition to our own lists. Your unparalleled protection from malicious content on today's web is further bolstered by the continuously updated protection from these partners.

Haute Secure as an Open Search Provider: Haute Secure can now be used as an Open Search Provider. Please visit the Beta FAQ for more information.

If anyone in this forum has any questions, feel free to email me directly.

Thank you!

Matt
    Support Manager
    Haute Secure

13. Kees1958

Yep working perfectly (see pic)

From a security point of view the restricted user mode of IE7 (=protected mode) offers all I require of a browser.

Attached Files:

14. Wake2

Wake2 Registered Member

Thanks Kees for the post interesting looking app
    think I shall have to take it for a spin this weekend.

Regards,

Wake

15. hautesecure

hautesecure Registered Member

Hello!

Today we are pleased to announce the release of Haute Secure 2.0 Beta.

Please read the following blog post for a detailed breakdown of all the features and enhancements we included in this version.

Regards,

Matt Steckler
    Haute Secure

16. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Does HauteSecure work inside SandBoxIE's sandbox ?

I know that McAfee's site advisor -enterprise 1.5 does not.

17. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Comparing this to Linkscanner pro, which is more effective?

18. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

This program had to be the quickest program I ever uninstalled. I tied it after reading the review on CNET. The first time I launched Firefox and got a pop up and Flashgot then had to enter a key code I was baffled. Surfed around for awhile then saw that Haute was using 40K of memory so I went to exit out of it and had to enter another key code. Whats this all about. Quickly as I installed and I uninstalled it.

19. Kees1958

Pity,

Seen the effort you took to setup CFP and OA. On Vista64 it is the only soft sandbox available. When on Vista64, LUA (in quiet mode and installer recognistion set off), an AV and HauteSecure with IE7 in protected mode, makes your surfing very safe (compared to XP).

When you as a gamer are interested in good 'PING' cycle times, nothing beats VistaFireWallControl with HauteSecure. We are living in the NL and I always test with a server in London. CFP = 130ms slower than this combo on this connection. Doing the 3dmark06 on vista64 with securities aps working, my son gets a 10200 when with CFP, when with VFWC and HS it is 10500. So may have your votes please!

Best of all when you invest in the way HauteSecure works, you easy add additional registry protection and execution prevention of risky OS-parts with HAuteSecure (you can apply the build in rules also for other programs when creating profiles programs specific or system wide).

Dieselman, you just thrown out your fuel injection and compression booster (turbo) :D

PS I am writing this from the XP box (CFP, DW, Avast), so I am not a Comodo basher

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  20. quark59

quark59 Registered Member

I've been using Haute Secure for about a month now. When you first install it, it will cause a system slowdown because it is syncing with it's home base. After that, I have generally been happy with it's performance. When explorer.exe runs, occasionally there is "some" slowdown. So I'm still evaluating, but I'm pretty sure it's a keeper. My "better half" still uses IE7, and using Sandboxie was problematic for her. This seems to be a great solution. I plan on slowly introducing protection on other apps when I determine how to safely do it. :D
    Allen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.