has not found any hard disk drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by firsttimer, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firsttimer

firsttimer Registered Member

I used True image to make a backup of my hard drive to a usb hard drive then changed my mother board and added a SATA drive to my system.

Now True Image says it "has not found any hard disk drives."

Anyone know what is going ono_O

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Is the SATA drive installed as your primary drive or is it a second drive in the system?

Is it totally new, that is, nothing has been written on it?

Does your BIOS see drives?

You can always boot up the XP installation CD and let it partition the SATA drive. I always format it, not because you have to if you are restoring an image but because it will give some confidence the drive is working properly. If you can do this TI should see it.

You may be looking for trouble if you are restoring an image from the old MB and IDE only drives using TI Home. There will be various board driver issues etc. It is possible to do a repair on the installation that may fix it. Personally, I look at a new board etc as a time to reinstall Windows and the apps to get a clean fresh start without all the garbage I no longer use or require. If I have a problem I at least know it is not because I ported the old config to the new MB.

3. firsttimer

firsttimer Registered Member

There is no problem with my system. Everything is up and running well.

True Image errors out saying is can't see hard drives, none of them. Neither the preexisting boot hard drive which True Image backed up to the usb drive, nor can it see the usb drive.

I am asking what is wrong with True Image. It can't even see the drive where I have True Image running fromo_O??

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I would un-install TrueImage and all its features.
    Reboot and re-install again. Make sure to use the newest version which is 3677.

This may or may not fix the problem but it is the first starting point.

Likewise, I would create a new user created Bootable Recovery CD.
    Also boot from this CD and see your hard drives are identified.

Save any old *.tib backups.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello firsttimer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please do as GroverH has suggested and make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem persists after checking the hard drives and updating the drivers then please enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.