has anyone used disk freezer??

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by melian, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melian

melian Registered Member

hey everyone:

i have installed most of the software recomended around here, but a friend adviced to also install "disk freezer" and activate it on my sistem partition only...
    that way according to him, any malware will be erased if i restart the PC, but i am not sure about that...

has anyone tryied that beforeo_O

tnx on advance ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In that case your harddisk must be full, if you followed all recommendations.
    A link to Disk Freezer, would be nice to have. :)

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: DiskFreezer, a japanese product? heard of, but no impression. Anyone?

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I'm surprised none of you asked if it's really DeepFreeze. At least Perman is a user..:p

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Well, I don't need Disk Freezer, I have already a frozen snapshot and I don't use Oriental softwares, too many communication problems. Practical example : PowerShadow.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks; Yes, I am a very happy DeepFreeze camper, but as far as DiskFreeze is concern, question mark remains. Besides, one word difference could spell out days and nights. Who knows.

7. melian

melian Registered Member

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Ha, so, diskfreezer IS deepfreeze. I am using standard edition. It is an remarkable app, made in Canada (vancouver, B.C.). eh?

9. melian

melian Registered Member

Hey again!!!

just found out about sandboxie....and as far as i get it, it does pretty much the same than deepfreeze....am i wrong?

tnx again 4 sharing the knowledge:p

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: FYI, DeepFreeze is NOT the same as Sandboxie. DP can freeze the whole volume(drive) you specify while Sandboxie can only isolate one(in free version) or few applications. Different approach and far apart level of security strength. IMO. You will get what you pay for. No thing comes cheaply these days. Have a nice one.

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The proponent of this software is Faronics Corp. -- not *oriental* atall atall. Haku samo yo! In fact it is also the proponent of Anti-Executable, well-beloved by several denizens of Wilders.

I trialed DeepFreeze for a while. Easy to use. Light. Stable. Does a great job, except you can't test an app in frozen state IF installing that app requires a reboot. I switched to ShadowSurfer - simply because it was free at the time.

Kung hei fat choi ...

whoo boy, is that another snozen frapshot post?:D :blink: o_O :gack: :isay:

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I don't care if POWER SHADOW fell from MARS. Oriental or Dutch, no matter.

When any software program can stand up under my most rigorous tests & demand standards like PS is proven to do and comes out on the other end COMPLETELY STABLE in what it was designed to do, that my friends in this book makes for 100% CONFIDENCE! The PS developers can speak pig latin and have their site lingo in Polynese if they like. The interface is ENGLISH alphabet and i can understand which TABS go to what feature.

Besides, aren't we taking on just a little too much prejudice by knocking another people's native tongue/language just because you don't understand or never learned it?

I only know English but i rather admire many Russian developments/developers even though i couldn't tell you what it means to say just Hi in russina.

POWER SHADOW! "well-beloved by several denizens of Wilders".

Plus a 700+ posts count on the Topic originated courtesy Chuck57. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.