Has anyone heard of "E-Scan" ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Straight Shooter, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o_O

Supposedly, it's getting good reviews in Europe and India (Where, I think, it's made).. I know it uses Kaspersky's engine and definations, but it seems easier to use.. The email part of it I heard is the outstanding feature, intercepting at the winsock level.. I am using NOD32 and I won't switch, especially after I am anticipating version 2..
    Has anyone used this?
    Here is the link: http://www.mwti.com/

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Yes ! Its very good AV. Similar to KAV and it uses AVK Kernal. GUI is identical to AVK 10 version.

Technodrome

3. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

You can even apply for Beta testing there as well !! ;)

http://www.mwti.com/antivirus/escan/escan_betatesting.asp

Hmmm.....maybe ......

regards,
    bill ;)

BTW,
    anyone read any reviews on this one ??

4. That's the sad part...

The only reviews you'll find are in here...

http://www.mwti.com/antivirus/escan/escan_reviews.asp

and I can only read english..

Virus Bulletin doesn't cover this one, and I don't see ICSA or Checkpoint Certification.. At least one of them would be nice... Virus Bulletin, I think, is the one I would put more weight on...

I downloaded and used it for a couple of days a couple of months ago.. I thought it was a very intuitive interface, nicely put together, and fairly fast.. However, without cold hard facts, from VB or ICSA, I said... Nawwwhh...

The price is a bit steep, at around $63.00. However, if it works, and works well, it would be acceptable.... to me at least...

5. Technodrome

Check out test done by V collector Virus P! Tests were made on 10-12 May 2002!

http://members.tripod.com/technodrome24/avtrojantest.htm

Technodrome

6. What a Shocker!

EScan beat NOD32 (Nod-Ice) by over 20%!

I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind..

Technodome, did you do the testing, if not, then who did?

It says on the url; "trojantest"...
    Nod failing that wouldn't surprise me... NOD is more of a antivirus, if anything.. from what I gather..

Did the test use the In the Wild Viruses at the time? It looks as though it did...

This doesn't look good for NOD, does it...?

Was the NOD ICE the old version, before NOD32 came out, or was it the same NOD32 we all know now?

Thanks
    "Shooter"

7. Technodrome

We all know by now that NOD32 is the best ITW virus Scanner! No need to discuss that... But when it comes to ZOO Viruses, backdoors and Trojans, NOD32 isn't that great!

Unfortunately this test included a large number of ZOO Virus, Trojans, backdoors and some old viruses...

No, it was not done by me...

Technodrome

8. Technodrome

Well if u don't care about Zoo Viruses, u shouldn't be concerned!

Underground (dark side) still calls NOD32 by old name "NOD ICE".

Technodrome

9. Robert

Robert Guest

They are interesting statistics technodrome, Would you say that they would be fairly accurate appraisal, There trojon stats are interesting too,regards , Robert

10. Technodrome

Observe, and Make your own decision!!

Technodrome

11. Zoo's are not generally in the wild, so I couldn't fathom why I would be so interested in them, but the problem is, without EScan being evaluated by Virus Bulletin, one wouldn't know if EScan would pass the VB tests...

I don't know if it's accurate to say..."Whatever happens to Kaspersky, will happen to EScan, when considering this issue.. Just because Kapsersky passed VB in November, of 2002, does that mean EScan will too...

However, EScan does look like a ver strong, very good program, and I may wind up beta'ing it, or evaulating it again, but I will will probably wait until after NOD32 Ver 2 comes out.. Why not? I own it...

12. Technodrome

You got the point!!!

Technodrome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.