Hardening Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by luciddream, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I mentioned this in the Chrome vs. Firefox security thread in response to Amit, but realized it was kind of OT there... figured I'd give it it's own thread. Others may find it useful too.

First check out this thread for good about:config hardening tweaks. We were discussing how to get FF like the version in the TOR browser bundle:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=309748

As for addons:

NoScript
    Adblock Plus (Subs: EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Malware Domains)
    CS Lite Mod
    HTTPS-Everywhere
    RequestPolicy
    WOT
    Download Statusbar*

* = Check out my post in the "other AV" forum titled "VT Hash Check - autoscan" for how to make great use of that Download Statusbar addon.

Make sure to give VT Hash Check start/run & internet access in your Sandboxie restrictions for your Firefox box (if you have SBIE).

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

One thing you can do to get FF like the version in the TOR browser bundle or other variants of FF like Iceweasel used in TAILS is to grab the prefs.js file from either/both and edit your local copy of about:config, and make sure you do it in a new profile and not the one you use for normal browsing.

Also, I would add the FF plugin add-on: Perspectives.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.