HardDisk Bad Blocks

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Torsten, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torsten

Torsten Guest

Hi there I've got a problem with my HDD. I know it has some bad blocks but runs stable for over 6 months now. I need to resize my HDD in order to split it into 2 partitions. So I checked out what kind of programm are on the market and i found out that you do provide such a programm.
    As everytime i did some reading before i decide which programm i'am going to take and i found a posting in this forum that say's that there is problem with bad blocks. Regrettably you did not say definitly if your programm is able to handle bad blocks or not.

I would be nice to get a definite answer if it will work with bad blocks or not.

Thanks for your effort

Torsten

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Torsten,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Please note that the resize of a partition with bad blocks may cause the complete data loss. Acronis Disk Director Suite does not take into account the information about bad sectors that is available in the file system when performing resize operation. Therefore, there is a probability of losing the data, if it is written to the bad sector.

However, the resize of a partition with bad blocks has been implemented for FAT file systems (FAT16, FAT32). Based on the research and the time it took to implement the resize of a partition with bad blocks for FAT file system, Development Team decided not to implement the resize of a partition with bad blocks for other file systems.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.