Hard Drive in an Enclosure

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have two hard drives installed, C drive is my system drive and F drive is to store digital pictures. I also have a DVD read drive and a CD RW drive. I am going to remove both the CD and DVD drives. I am going to install an optical drive that does both. A Plextor PX 712. I am going to install an enclosure in the open slot and install my F drive in it. Then I will be able to remove the F drive and install a new drive in the enclosure and Ghost an image of my C drive to the new HD. I will then remove the new drive and reinstall the F drive. This way if my existing C drive dies I am ready. I would just like to hear from anyone with enclosues who has done this and could give any info on what problems I may run into. Thank you for the help.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

just make sure that you have enough air circulation to keep everything cool ;)

bigc

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I will have the same number of drives that I have now. I like the idea of the enclosure. It seems to make the computer so much more versatile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.