Hard Disks not identified correctly

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by doyle0679, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doyle0679

doyle0679 Registered Member

I have two hard disks on my pc under Windows XP Home Edition. True Image Home 10 states under Disk 1 that I have two NTFS partitions (C) and (H). That's not correct. It also states under Disk 2 that I have 4 NTFS partitions (D), (E), (F), and (G). That's also not correct. What I have under Disk 1 is (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) and the only partition I have on Disk 2 is (H).

I've also created a Bootable Rescue Media CD, but it doesn't bootup even though I've changed the BIOS to boot to CD drive only.

What I'd like to do is clone Disk 1 with the OS on (C) along with (D), (E), (F) and (G). My pc motherboard and case doesn't have enough room for an internal hard disk (though I have new hard disks) and I can't remove the 2nd hard disk with (H) on it because I feel the system might not bootup without the program files needed from the (H) drive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

First, please understand that I'm no expert, but, as a matter on interest, please advise:

- To which disk and drive did you install ATI
    - Is H drive the one with the OS? If not, why would it have programs needed to boot up?

3. doyle0679

I install all programs to my H drive (which is on the 2nd hard disk), but I noticed this program didn't allow me the choice so I'm assuming it installed it on my C drive like most programs would prefer. The OS is on the 1st Disk in the C drive... not the 2nd disk (which has only the H drive). The first disk has the C, D, E, F and G drives... the 2nd disk has only the H drive.

Thank you for your reply. By the way, I wonder why this program doesn't have an uninstall? I'm assuming they want users to use Windows' uninstall?

4. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Well it is the first application in Add/Remove in my Computer... 186 MB under "Acronis".

You are assuming it's in the C drive! Check with Explorer.

5. doyle0679

I've already deleted the program using Windows Add/Remove and was disappointed that the program didn't have an uninstall program and also
    didn't erase the backup files I had created. What about the hidden directory that users can't see? I wonder if that directory is, in fact, gone from my hard disk.... any idea?

Thanks for writing... I appreciate your assistance.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello doyle0679,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that the uninstall program is the one activated through Windows Add/Remove interface.
    It does not delete backups by design, as you may want to use them later (for example, if you are uninstalling to install the latest version afterwards). If you want us to change the behavior of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Please try updating your BIOS and recreating the bootable media.
    Also, could you please clarify if you are able to boot from any other bootable CD (i.e. Windows installation bootable CD, etc.)?

Could you please collect some information to help us investigate issues thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and attach it to your message. That will let us know basic structure of your hard disks, so we can help you with the issue you encountered.

Please also make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management and a screenshot of drive layout presented by Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.