Hard Disk Manager Professional 2010 Vs Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by monographix, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monographix

monographix Registered Member

I am a bit confused here.

I need a partition managing tool that can cover all Windows 7, Advanced Format & SSD performance and safety requirements / functions and a backup software that has all the capabilities of Acronis True Image (Home probably). And a Bootable CD that includes all those tools. If partition / data recovery is included thats a welcome plus ofcourse.

1. I understand that to check and align/re-align drives with data a separate utility (PAT) is needed. I dont know though if it can tell the difference betwen SSD and Advanced format HDD and align accordingly ?

2. Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011 supposedly aligns automatically partitions during management operations (does that mean that it differentiates between SSD and AF hDD ? 2048 and 4k i think?) Is that function implemented in Hard Disk Manager Professional (2010) too?

3. Is Hard Disk Manager Professional (2010) the latest HDMP ?

4. Which one (Suite 2011 , Professional 2010 (?)) offers the Acronis True Image (Home) cloning / copy / backup functionalities?

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Advanced format drives have 4k physical sector size and should be aligned to 4k. Paragon allows to format such drives correctly.
    To analyze the alignment you can use pat or manually view partition start sectors: they should be = 800 sectors for the first partition and ***00 for all other partitions except extended partitions (on non-advanced formatted drives).
    HDM 2011 detects sector size and perform alignment to corresponding offset in sectors for each sector size (4k or 512) during partitioning operations.
    HDM 2010 doesn't have such option at all. Only separate PAT product. PAT works the same way: detects sector size and calculates the correct offset.
    No. It is previous version. The current version is 2011. Pro version release will appear in a week or two.
    Almost all features of ATI are included to HDM Suite 2011, but HDM Pro 2011 will be the most complete tool for HDD managements\backup\virtualization\migration and etc.

3. monographix

monographix Registered Member

Thank you :)

Is maybe a "Backup and Recovery Suite / Home 2011" about to launch too ? if so, have any clue maybe about the differences with 2010 ?

Is maybe the Backup part of "Hard Disk Manager Suite 2011" same to the "Backup & Recovery" Home / Suite 10 ?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

There is no currently 11 version of Backup and Recovery products. They will be released soon.

I would recommend to wait for version 2011 , because it will have auto-alignment and some other improvements.

Backup option of HDM 2011 Suite will be available in B&R 2011 Suite too, but Home version as usually will have less options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.