had to fire iobit asc pro - suggestions for a replacement?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by spazdaddy, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spazdaddy

spazdaddy Registered Member

hi, i've been living in a cave for a while so i wasn't clued in on the iobit fiasco. anyway, can't trust 'em so i had to fire them. i need to find some trustworthy, effective, and preferably free lol(whine...i'll pay for it if i have to)system repair tools. mainly an aggressive but safe registry cleaner and registry defrag but other system optimization tools too. just trying to fill the hole asc pro left.
    any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.
    i have a dual intel e2180 @ 2GHz w/2Gb of RAM running vista sp1 32 bit.

2. tipo

tipo Registered Member

malwarebytes antimalware! :thumb:

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The original poster isn't looking for an antimalware program, but rather a system optimizer suite.
    I personally haven't run across anything that has the same tools as ASC.

4. spazdaddy

thanks, i agree! first thing i downloaded after i got the dirt on iobit lol. -almost a spite move on my part ;) before i heard about it i didn't use either mbam or iobit360...kapersky and emsi are my brands. but i was looking for a good third on-demand-only scanner anyway and mbam looks like the best candidate and they probably need the sales after all this crap.
    it really blows that someone can steal the work a person makes their living on and offer it for free.
    thanks for replying!

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The only replacement for ASC that comes to mind is CCleaner.
    It's not the same tools,and the registry cleaner is not aggressive but it's free.

For pay programs System TuneUp is pretty good. It's made by Acelogix, developer of Ace Utilities, another good program. They do have other system tools listed on the site. Haven't tried all of them though.

http://www.acelogix.com/systuneup.html

6. spazdaddy

btw, i am aware that there likely is not an identical "suite" of tools so i am looking more for individual tools to replace the various functions of ascp. an extra two or three mouse clicks is no biggie and i didn't use the "auto care" functions ever since it tried to clean my registry in the middle of an install:eek:.
    heck, i'm an old dos warrior so i don't even mind typing sometimes lol.

7. spazdaddy

thank you very much, i will look at system tune up. i already have ccleaner installed, does a great job and it also now compresses firefox and chrome databases.
    does anyone know about the trustworthiness of auslogics software? they have a registry defrag i was curious about.

8. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

9. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

Personaly I would like to suggest the following softwares (not free) which I have tested for years on windows xp, vista and 7 and no risk or problems or isasues with any registries.

first program that I have been using it for a long time on my win xp and 7 safely (with no registry ill effect) is "advanced uninstaller pro 10" and it has tons of tools and its registry cleaner is good on xp and 7 and vista but its registry defregmentor does not work for windows 7 but works great on xp and vista.

The other softwares that I have been using for 8 years now for cleaning and including registry is very safe is " norton systemwork " family suites. I trust both opf these softwares with my registry cleaning and editting. Hope this helps. Try them to see if you like them.

10. spazdaddy

does anyone know anything about wisecleaner as a company in terms of trustworthiness? their wot rating is good and i haven't heard anything bad about them myself.
    anyone else?

11. spazdaddy

i will check them out, thank you.

the ashampoo thing looks pretty good, i might check that on out. i'll just make sure to opt out of any mailings this time lol. thank you.

12. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

13. spazdaddy

14. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

How good is Winoptimizer 5? Is it simple/safe to use?

15. spazdaddy

i just tried ashampoo winoptimizer 2010 and it seems pretty decent. just did a full optimize with no noticable ill effects. as fast as the registry scan went i don't believe it drills very deep though. i downloaded it from the v3 store but only prob is i can't get to ashampoo's site to register for some reason. not sure if its been blacklisted in my HOSTS file or ip blacklists or if their site is just temporarily down. i really don't feel like digging through those files at the moment to research it(they're pretty big) so i'll just wait a bit first and see if i can register later. but it seems like a nice piece of software for free anyway.
    maybe i better just bite the bullet and buy norton system works.

16. spazdaddy

ah yes, i have made up my mind...i'm going to stick with the ashampoo winoptimizer 2010, since it seems to work pretty well, only until my norton utilities 14 disc arrives from amazon. that will more than fill all the holes left behind by ascp. thank you very much everybody for your replies.

btw kind of off topic, but has there ever been any kind of "official" determination concerning iobit's behavior? is malwarebytes seeking legal remedy in this? i understand this is very old news (but the first i heard of it). seems like a lot of sites should be pulling at least iobit360 from their downloads.

17. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

paid:

-tuneup utilites 2010
    -Yamicsoft
    -raxco perfectspeed pc optimizer

free:

-ccleaner

18. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Iobit has removed all of the malwarebytes def's from Iobit security 360. It was removed from Downloads.com for a while till they removed the def's.

19. spazdaddy

tried this one too and i really really like it, def a keeper. of course a person only needs a couple of tools of this type so time for the hard decisions. anyway, thanks taleblou!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.