GridinSoft Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PEllis, Oct 19, 2016.

1. PEllis

PEllis Guest

I thought I'd create a thread about this product since there isn't one here.

http://anti-malware.gridinsoft.com/

It's a real-time anti-malware product that is designed to run alongside your AV. I tried it for a bit, but the amount of false positives was too much. Also, to gain full access to the product, you have to pay and they don't offer an unrestricted free trial. However, there is a 100% discount on the product for a three month license which is only available over the next 24 hours on their site if you want to try it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It looks like another AV that can detect "ANY" kind of malware. I'll pass

3. Secure_Guy

Secure_Guy Registered Member

I just downloaded and did quick test.
    It seems pretty good.
    4200 items detected, yet only cleaned 450.
    Needs registration code to clean the rest....which sux...

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

As I've posted before it has serious issues with false positives, which is why I recently uninstalled it. I got a year license as a giveaway a few months back.

It does agressively target unwanted software, which may or may not be a good thing depending if you use any such software.

If you decide to use it, pay very close attention to the scan results, so that it doesn't delete anything that it shouldn't.

5. PEllis

PEllis Guest

I purchased a lifetime license earlier this year out of curiosity before I knew about the issues with it. I've permanently added it to my protection, so if there are any improvements, I'll post here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.