Government’s “Special Chip” In Your Cellphone

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by CloneRanger, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nix

nix Registered Member

LOL. Yes. I can see you're not truly interested in this conversation. Considering the effort you put in anyway, you've earned a break by now, for whatever reason.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Yeah I hear a lot of this stuff. I'm just not interested in discussion anymore haha
    I think I'd have rathered the video be posted without the article so that people don't have the notions before they even watch it.

3. nix

nix Registered Member

Well, think of it this way - you racked up your post count. That's got to be good for something, right? ;)

4. Hungry Man

Haha yes, always. I'm sure I'll be doing plenty of that =p

5. hidden

hidden Registered Member

You gotta spell it out, I guess

The difference is ONE way vs TWO way devices.

When traditional alerts were broadcast, personal communications were not, and could not be, eliminated as a result.

With the chip, personal communication is allowed or disallowed by the chipper on the INDIVIDUAL level.

Furthermore, individual actions of movement, communication, and obedience can be monitored by the chipper.

If you expect restraint by the powerful during declared states of emergency, review the preparations now under construction by visiting ACLU, EFF, Glenn Greenwald, Harvey Silverglate etcetcetc.

And if you don't worry because you would never do anything to offend the chipmasters, try to remember that it's not all about you. Your protection, and even more your family's, derive from those who do cause trouble; the Naders, the MLKs, those Founding Fathers before phones.

Perhaps best if BBrother doesn't know what the troublemakers are saying, where they are going, that you are their friend.

6. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Technology VS. Privacy ;)

7. Hungry Man

The concept of "it's too late" is far more "1984" than anything the government has done.

As for saying people did just fine before technology... no. I've heard this far too often. The fact is people did not do just fine before technology. MP3 players and ipods? Sure, we could do without. But the technology behind them? Lol yeah good luck in a world without those things.

8. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I hope this doesn't give my government ideas. There are a few things that should stay the US side of the Atlantic (especially peanut butter). The only chips I think the government should endorse are those served with fish & maybe a saveloy.

"The chip would allow authorities to prevent use of the phone by measuring the speed you are traveling via GPS technology and shutting down the handset."

Ermmm ... even if you're on a train? o_O

" More Americans are killed every year by bumble bees or peanut allergies than they are by terrorists."

They must be big bees. What happened to Colony Collapse Disorder? Or is that another conspiracy?

"when in reality every major terror plot that has been uncovered in the United States was either staged or provocateured by the federal government itself."

Is this really true? Can the noun 'provocateur' really be turned into a verb?

"Winston Smith’s world of 1984 has come home to roost."

No it hasn't, I've seen Big Brother, it's rubbish! The only thing more rubbish was Celebrity Big Brother.

Now ... where's my fish 'n' chips & tinfoil hat? ... o_O

PS Is a cellphone the same as a mobile?

9. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

:thumb:
    Bitter Truth...;)

10. nix

nix Registered Member

Again, a distraction. Here's more about the technology, and how the PLAN (Personal Localized Alert Network) will work.
    http://unified-communications.tmcne...-support-personal-localized-alert-network.htm

The issue is implementing an alert system on mobile devices.

11. Daveski17

I just hope the UK government doesn't learn about this special chip technology ... I don't want them to get ideas. :eek:

12. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Indeed ;) & with NO chips/cpu etc in them :thumb:

:D But good point :thumb: or a passenger in some vehicle/plane, so how would "THEY" be able to distinguish ? Bet they hadn't thought of that :thumbd: AFAIK they would NOT be able to know, so you'ld get unfairly booted off :thumbd:

:D Some of the girls were, err, nice :) Not that i watched it non stop though :D

Re - the 1984 & .Gov etc stuff

"dedicated receivers" Now that "could" mean an individual one and/or selected ones :eek:

Leaving aside the AA's, I think by now those who are more fully clued up with what "THEY" have done in various ways in the past to suit their purpose/s, whether they Actually had ANY justification for it or not, "might" be inclined to believe that they WILL use it for Whatever they like, whenever they like :thumbd: & that includes me !

13. nix

nix Registered Member

More on getting with the PLAN
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/10/plan-emergency-alert-system-going-mobile-in-nyc-and-dc-this-year/

14. nix

nix Registered Member

BTW, since you're sticking around, let's forget about 1984 for a sec, and talk about 2012 technology.

Let's start at the beginning, with the FCC.

Those are the pertinent areas of concern.

15. Daveski17

Or if you were on a push-bike with a headset ... ;)

Imogen looked good, unfortunately my Welsh Gaelic isn't quite up to it!

16. Daveski17

OK, so, this PLAN thing, is it a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, conspiracy theories & paranoia aside, will it be beneficial & maybe save lives?

17. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Technology is neither good nor evil, but the purpose for which it is used makes it so.

Do any of the US representatives of the three branches of government support, promote and defend the Constitution or do they subvert it's ideals?
    To some the Constitution is painful like the crucifix is painful to the possessed.

If the representatives of the current government or within it's recent history have subverted the constitution then this technology will be used for evil purposes, no doubt about it.

This technologies only use is to psychologically manage the population, for ill or otherwise.

18. Daveski17

I dunno about that, have you ever eaten Pot Noodle?

19. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

:thumb:
    Bitter Truth...;)
    Truth hurts...;)
    I hope you are right but...
    Sooner or later, the European Union will be forced to follow...

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  20. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Of course it can. Verbing is nothing new. (What's that silly red squiggle doing below verbing? Go away!)

21. Daveski17

Hmmmm .... I'll have to thinkificate about that for bit. ;)

22. Daveski17

I bet the French won't stand for it. They're often revolting! ;) :D

23. nix

nix Registered Member

So the PLAN was originally CMAS.

http://transition.fcc.gov/pshs/services/cmas.html
    More links at the endpage.

Developed pursuant to the WARN Act.
    http://transition.fcc.gov/pshs/docs/emergency-information/cmas-warn-act.pdf

Pretty riveting stuff. And you only wish I was kidding. This PLAN is buried in bureaucracy. I can't imagine a bigger waste of $, dedicated, for all intents and purposes, to a chip that has the potential to carry an executive order to cease my normal communications.

But a very useful tool. And such impressive cooperation by the three major carriers. I wonder if any incentive $ are tied up with NSA's Perfect Citizen program.

24. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

;) :D :thumb:

25. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ nix

Thanks for the info/link :thumb:

"So the PLAN was originally CMAS."

Nice :thumbd:

I guess that's something :D

Like get out of New Orleans RIGHT now or we'll arrest you, & give us ALL your guns so you can't protect yourselves etc :thumbd:

Wonder what has/will/would happen to any carriers who do not "participate" ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.