Government spooks helped Microsoft build Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tgell, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

You have probably forgotten more then I will ever know. Purely a theoretical question. Have you run the "test replacement"? Will it, say for instance, work on a fully patched 2k vers.? All purely hypothetical questions of course.

2. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

Ive been meaning to thank you ;)
    but lacking a paid subscription to rapidshare Im only halfway done
    (have to wait 50 minutes in between downloads and I got sidetracked a bit :p )

While I may know alot about seraching
    (hell its likely why I was made an admin at [H] being able to find answers to most anything)
    Im not a programmer and will need to employ my real skill set to find exactly how to use it ;)

But I will let you know ;)

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

No problem. Not a paid subscriber either so are very familiar with "the wait". :(

That would be greatly appreciated. :)

4. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

Just gives me one more reason to gripe about Microsoft, Bill Gates, crashing Windows, clanging lids or whatever else strikes me as gripeable. Excuse me - have to go change my tinfoil...:cool:

5. tgell

tgell Registered Member

6. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

7. herbalist

herbalist Guest

How many other versions of Linux are derivatives or variations of SUSE? Depending on what exactly they assisted with (infiltrated), this could be more widespread than we realize. It would help to know just when this allegedly happened. This makes me want to limit my Linux usage to an old copy of Knoppix I downloaded from a German server a few years back.

Even if they did infiltrate Win98 when it was made or added something via windows update, I doubt it's to the degree they have with XP and Vista. I also doubt they ever anticipated anything like SSM being built back then that could alert to a hidden install. Since 98 can't be rootkitted in the conventional manner, anything they did put in should be visible if one knows where to look. Even if they did compromise 98, I wouldn't bet on it still being usable with the alterations I've made.

I think I'm going to start putting together another copy of my system, even more stripped down and altered than this one is. It may accomplish nothing more than making me feel good, but it's one way to make clear that my online activities, what I view, listen to, or send and receive from someone else is none of their business and I will take every step possible to ensure it stays that way.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/herbalist-rick/nsabroke.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.