got infected with lena.py

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chrcol, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

ok for the first time in my internet history I appear to have got at least partically infected by some malware.

nod32 was on with real time protection but off on web protection.

I loaded a page in firefox which according to google had normal content in regards to freebsd information but it then auto redirected to another site which ended in lena.py in the url, adobe reader loaded and displayed some messed up text and the hdd was then busy for a few seconds. I reloaded the page again with web protection on and it detected a virus trying to load, so web protection detected it but not real time.

I have now ran a full scan on c: which detected some java trojans, I then told it to clean/delete. It then popped up saying need a reboot so I left the popup in place as I had to finish work I was doing first but did close a java app that was running, shortly after that the reboot request was cancelled by nod32 and it marked them all as cleaned. I then rescanned the folder where the files were (user/app data) and its now saying clean. So I hope they are gone.

Currently running a malware bytes scan.

--update--

full scan on c: by malware bytes also confirmed clean so I guess is cleaned ok.

so I guess from now on I will use web protection again with the slowdown it adds, people with experience of this lena do you think I am fine and no need to reinstall OS?

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

I don't think you should reinstall because reinstalling something is done when it has crashed or cannot be started / cannot work anymore . Obviously form what you write your OS is working normally.

Free software I use to check for malware include Hitman Pro , Gmer - you may wish to scan with them , too.

Make sure your antivirus (NOD32) is up-to-date with bot signatures and version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.