Google in bed with CIA + NWO = Fact

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by CloneRanger, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I'm not including Wikipedia in my header !

Yes oh masters, we obey :p

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

1) It's been known (and public) for a while that Google's in bed with the government.

2) DuckDuckGo does this.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

*Sigh* Before this turns into a conspiracy thread:

1. Hell yes Google is in bed with the government. The fact is, when you're a company like Google, and as big as Google, it's inevitable and all but avoidable.

2. This is not as sinister as it sounds (on paper). Is there a chance this feature will be used for propaganda? The chance is 1000%. However, that's not sinister, that's just great use of technology. Do you honestly think that search results are free from political influence? I sincerely hope not. It's not even a U.S issue, it's a world-wide issue. If you believe every single word someone tells you, then yes, it could be considered sinister because it's taking advantage of massive stupidity. Otherwise, it's government being government.

What are you so worried about if you've got the half of a brain required to check facts with other sources? It's not anything like the major influence on information a government like China and North Korea have. You have the ability to look further and see if Wikipedia is wrong, if the CIA fact book is wrong (and that's one place you will have serious problems finding wrong information or even a lot of propaganda...shocking, I know.).

4. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I don't see anything sinister here, World Bank, CIA fact book or even Wikipedia are legitimate sources of information (not necessarily 100% accurate, but still usable sources).
    As for Google being in bed with someone, I think Google is in bed with themself :) Their financial interest probably dictates their moves, not some other "occult" reasons, but unfortunately for the end-users, the results are as bad in both situations...

5. The CIA has an awful, sordid history, but it is in fact an excellent source for all kinds of demographics. Being in the spy business kind of necessitates that.

P.S. It's not a conspiracy if it's overt and in your face.

P.P.S. If you ask me, the way our various psychopathic little nation-states have been going at it for the past century makes a New World Order look like a damn good idea.

6. trismegistos

trismegistos Registered Member

In a corporatocracy and the predatory style of capitalist system we have now, it's no conspiracy theory, that various vested interests even competing ones will jibe one way or the other in a common agenda.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  7. Hungry Man

Hey guys, if you type in "weather: <zipcode>" google gives you the weather from weather.com.

How do we know this is the real weather?

How do we know this isn't just the weather we're being force fed from evil weather.com shadow monopolies?

This whole situation has clearly gotten out of hand. A search engine returning results? Frankly, I'm afraid.

8. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Who's more powerful the CIA or the NWO?

9. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

No, DDG has a "header" with e.g. a Wikipedia page at the top, very useful. They don't change their entire results page to do that, which I assume is what's going to happen?

10. Hungry Man

I assumed it was the way when you search for "weather" you get a weather result at the top thanks to weather.com.

DDG's little info box is probably the best part about it.

11. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.