Google Chrome extensions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Saraceno, Jan 17, 2010.

1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

You don't need to block cookies like that. All you go to do is to block cookies like so:

[*.]www.google.com (just an example). This entry would block all cookies for *.google.com domains.

[*.]google.com is accepted as well as an entry to block cookies.

-edit-

This is a reply to this post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1787194&postcount=143

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have Disconnect installed and enabled in Chrome 11, but the icon does not show activity anymore. What happened?

3. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I think this blocks www.google.com and all sub-domains of www, [*.]google.com will block all sub-domains of google.com

Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. m00nbl00d

No. Initially, I thought it was something like that, but I have Chromium set to block all cookies by default, and then I just allow them when they're needed, and Chromium always adds them like [*.]www.google.com, for example. Or, [*.]linkscanner.explabs.com

Allowing [*.]www.google.com won't allow cookies for every other domain starting with www. If that's what you meant.

[*.]google.com seems to be the same as [*.]www.google.com. I don't know if there's a difference between them. I never really dug any further, to be honest.

-edit-

Found this -http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647

I guess [*.]www.google.com is just more an abusive way of allowing cookies for all google.com domains. :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  5. pandorax

pandorax Registered Member

Could someone send devil icon? That link is dead.

Ok i found it. Here; -http://netload.in/dateicWZr2aZ3vZ/icon.rar.htm-

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

7. m00nbl00d

It has been talked here -http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=295337

8. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

OK thanks. :thumb:

9. m00nbl00d

No problem. :thumb:

10. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

No, that wasn't what I meant, guess I have to reword it.

I meant to say [*.]www.google.com blocks www.google.com, subdomain.www.google.com anothersubdomain.www.google.com etc but allows e.g. images.google.com.

While [*.]google.com blocks www.google.com images.google.com and all other google subdomains and their subdomains.

11. m00nbl00d

Sorry for the confusion. I just gave it a try, and you're right. [*.]www.domain.com blocked cookies for that domain, but not for subdomain.domain.com

Bottom line, if one wishes to block cookies for all .domain.com sub-domains, then one uses [*.]domain.com. [*.]www.domain.com should block, as you mentioned sub-domains of -www.domain.com, like subdomain.-www.domain.com

Thanks for sharing your doubt! I learned something new! :thumb:

12. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Solved in v. 12.0.712.0. Disconnect is working again.

13. fsr

fsr Registered Member

Any one knows an extension - or bookmarklet, whatever it works - that opens a Chrome page in Firefox?

14. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I guess Chrome will never have these two extentions that FF has?
    1. A built in multi-session downloader: Downthemall
    2. A video downloader : Download helper

15. fsr

fsr Registered Member

This is one of the reasons why i want something like IE View (Lite) for Chrome, if it works with IE too, better
    Personaly i use Flashgot but i also have plenty of GM scripts that don't work with Chrome :(

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  16. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

ChromeLite
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bjekedpipaedojkbialnhabcecmfpofh

http://blog.chromium.org/2011/04/taking-chrome-to-lite-speeds.html

hehe

17. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Does anyone know some way I delete all browsing history and cookies when you close the chrome?

18. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

19. Eice

Eice Registered Member

20. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

21. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

It was apparently an April Fool's joke. But it got a lot of favorable responses.

From a hasty look at it, it appears that one drawback is with clickable images that don't have alt text.

Anyway, I get the virtually the same effect using a combination of Privoxy and AdBlock Plus though I'd still like to see this as a "serious" extension.

22. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Anyone found something usable to manage bookmarks? I mean, like the original (non self-contained) bookmark manager. Christ, gimme at least right-click sort or better yet something that sorts them alphabetically in an automated way. :mad:

23. m00nbl00d

See if this would help. Look for this extension Download Assistant (by Google).

24. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

Wrench - Bookmark Manager - Organize - Reorder by title.

Also, I use Neat Bookmarks as a replacement for the default bookmark menu in Chrome.

25. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

I already have Neat Bookmarks, does not help in the management department. Thanks for the Wrench tip - but I kinda cannot find Wrench anywhere? o_O :doubt:

Is that Chrome-only thing? (I use Iron, not Chrome.) Well, if you mean the bundled bookmark manager (chrome://bookmarks) thanks but I want something that will sort everything including folders and subfolders at the same time. One click thing, basically. Not to go to zillion of folders and redo the job over and over again.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.