Goodbye to BOClean

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by LoneWolf, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

absolutely, wouldn't use ZA so Boclean could be 100% fool proof but not going there...

2. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

After using the default settings and running leaktest from grc.com, just to verify if boclean works :D , I lost connectivity, the status of my ActiveX components under %Downloaded Program Files% reported damaged (Office Update Installation engine, Windows Genuine Adavantage Validation Tool, Shockwave and Flash..etc etc)... good just be my pc. :)

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I had a problem with connectivity after BOClean found malware and destroyed it.
    Waht I did (and solved the problem) was to UNCHECK the "repair winsock" option, or something like that. There is a thread started by me where I posted the answer...
    good luck!

4. De Hollander

Thanks for the tip, I read it somewhere else and did the test out of curiosity to see fort my self ;) how about the X million other users who just use the default settings. :blink:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I did the leaktest too and not a single loss of connectivity afterwards... Are you sure that the problem was caused by BoClean?

6. De Hollander

I did the test, lost connectivity and ActiveX components errors...but as I already said, it good be this pc...or a brownie.

7. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Did the leak test as well. BOC flagged it upon execution and I ok removal no problems at all. :eek:

8. De Hollander

Well did the test again, and this time no lost off connectivity, but still damaged ActiveX items.

Note: "Geinstalleerd" means Installed and "Beschadigd" means...you get the picture.

Attached Files:

9. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

Doesn't the "set-up" option allow one to *not* remove anything unattended?? Iow, BOC will flag the perceived offender, but does not remove it until one OK's the kill?? Seems like the setup options allow for that. Or am I mis-reading it?

|||

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

No you are not miss reading it. You do have it correct.
    That is the way I have it set.
    boclean will stop a threat but not remove it unless I approve.

11. SamSpade

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't use BOClean. I don't need files deleted just on BOClean's say-so; I want to see the alleged culprit before I terminate him. Innocent until proven guilty, I always say.

//

12. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

So I take it all is well in BoCleanLand. No hard feelings, no EULA-issues, no CPU-spikes, etco_O

13. SamSpade

For the past ten days BOClean has been running like a champ. No problemos here. I did have a spike in CPU about 2 weeks ago, shortly after I installed it on this machine, but that was when I was on the road and connecting through a wireless router, which, I believe, brought with it some issues. I was using Jetico1 at the time and had recently changed my rule base, so things were a bit unsorted. Now all seems copecetic!! :D

I've never had an EULA issues or any other issues other than the prolonged CPU spiking and some BSODs that occurred around that wireless encounter.

So here's one happy camper using BOClean (Comodo) !! :isay: :thumb:

|||

14. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Good to hear... :thumb: :thumb:

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ditto:thumb:

16. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

I've been running boclean for about 4 years. It has saved me a few times. However, all good things must come to an end. I'm removing boclean and commodos firewall. They are causing huge cpu spikes.

I no longer need Boclean. Since I've been running kav antivirus the last few years, Boclean hasn't caught anything. Kav has caught every nasty thrown at it. I think boclean isn't as good a program since commodo bought them. I'm also doing away with commodos firewall. I'm behind a router so it isn't needed.

Going back to kerio 2.1.5 to monitor outgoing programs.

17. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

IMO you have a cpu spike problem exclusive to your pc. I and most others don't even know Comodo and BOClean are there, they are that quiet. You may have acted in haste. :)

18. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Well... I have a complaint about BOClean today!

Most System Admins use VNC or some derivatives like UltraVNC to perform remote admin... last week most of those setups got killed by BOCLean as it started to detect UVNC as a Trojan... Since I make a large part of my living providing remote admin services it practically killed me. (I am putting huge over time reconstructing those system I lost connection to...) and calls are still comming in... Aaargh! :oops:

The part of UVNC it is detecting as Trojan and killing is: WinVNC.exe (The Server Process).

This is what it looks like in the report:
    10/26/2007 14:32:12: RSK-REMOTEADMIN.C VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN! Trojan horse was found in memory. _ contained the trojan. Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System safe. Logged in user: Joe Shmoe

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  19. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Can you put your stuff in BOC program excluder?

20. Hermescomputers

Yes it was and here is what happened: It put up a fight with VNC Server until it still killed it and deleted the executable... Basically it locked me out of all those systems for almost a week... until I could get someone to manually help me restore the remote connections... I m more than a little pissed at the moment...

10/26/2007 14:32:12: RSK-REMOTEADMIN.C VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN! Trojan horse was found in memory. _ contained the trojan. Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System safe. Logged in user: Joe Shmoe

------------------------------
    10/27/2007 23:40:51: RSK-REMOTEADMIN.C VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN! Trojan horse was found in memory. G contained the trojan. Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System safe. Logged in user: Joe Shmoe

10/28/2007 08:46:44: RSK-REMOTEADMIN.C VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN! Trojan horse was found in memory. + contained the trojan. Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System safe. Logged in user: Joe Shmoe

10/29/2007 12:43:57: RSK-REMOTEADMIN.C MALWARE STOPPED by BOCLEAN! Trojan horse was found in memory. C:\PROGRAM FILES\ULTRAVNC\WINVNC.EXE contained the trojan. Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System now safe. Logged in user: Joe Shmoe

10/29/2007 12:45:26: RSK-REMOTEADMIN.C VARIANT STOPPED BY BOCLEAN! Trojan horse was found in memory.  contained the trojan. Active trojan horse WAS shut down. System safe. Logged in user: Joe Shmoe ----------------------------------

21. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

22. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

WOW. I would show that to the Comodo forum addressed to the CEO Melah (might be misspelled). That's unacceptable.

23. Hermescomputers

LoneWolf's & twl845

Yes, I did submit a support ticket a couple of days ago. I hope this will fix the problem soonest...

My problem is that I have BOCLean running everywhere! Still BOClean is a great product I am immensely grateful for!

24. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Very early in this thread I said I gave up on BOClean.
    LoneWolf did the same but decided to give it one more try.
    I am too.
    After trying many other programs of all types, none seem to run with the smoothness of BOClean.
    Very quiet, very smooth, low resource usuage and remains in the background where I like it and no interference with other programs. That's nice.
    Used BOClean for many years prior when it was Kevin's and Nancy's.
    Even posted several years back, with others, that we would have gladly paid an annual fee for this program.
    I guess if it's anywhere near as effective now, it's a real bargain.:D
    Dan

25. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Considering doing the same, at least on PC 2. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.