Good or Bad Time to Buy TI10?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by phasechange, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Hi!

Ever since I renewed Norton just before Windows 2000 came out then had to buy a new version just for Windoze 2000 support I have been nervous about buying software with a new OS approaching.

Will Vista be supported by TI9 when released or if I buy TI9 will I need to buy an upgrade to TI10 in order to get Vista support?

Thanks,
    Fairy

2. furballi

furballi Registered Member

I suspect you will need to upgrade with a new version of Windows. It's a common practice in the software industry to force the user to upgrade unless the software is labeled "FREE UPGRADE TO VISTA". All of my W98 Freeware applications are fully functional with XP and Vista (beta). ~snipped unnecessary comment~ dog

Perhaps you can e-mail Acronis to see if the software come with 1 year free upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
  3. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Is there now a TI 10?

I suspect that Vista is going to be a boon to the software industry, not to mention the increased use of 64-bit systems.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fairyliquidizer,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Backup Solutions

Please note, that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home currently is not supporting Windows Vista, because it was not released yet. If the release of Windows Vista will be before the release of Acronis True Image 10, you will have an opportunity to download Vista-friendly build for free. Otherwise - you will be available to upgrade your Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to the next version for it's upgrade price.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

5. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Thank you for the very helpful answer. As I will probably stick with XP for another year anyway I will just buy TI 9.

Fairy

6. theog

theog Registered Member

That would be smart. They could also do what my company is doing, offering a guarantee that you will receive a free upgrade (of TI) when vista ships. I have TI 8 and will wait until vista ships before I purchase (or I might go with another product). I really wanted TI 9 as well... oh, well....

7. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

I purchased ATI 9 3.677 and am very pleased with it. I presume when a version goes to the next whole number (ie 10) there is a charge for the upgrade. What has this charge been in the past? Since I just bought ATI 9 I would like to know what is in store for me if I choose to go to Vista.

Thanks

8. dobbelina

dobbelina Registered Member

After Vista has been officially released, I'd wait at least one year
    before even sniffing at it.
    Believe me, your hair will stay on for much longer :D

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

lol I don't count on checking it out for at least 2-3; by which time there'll be a replacement on this one, IMO.

10. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

although vista is scheduled for early 2007 release by NO means does that make it prob free, remember how long it took for XP to mature as it is today.

there are as many hackers as there is software eng at MS, and some probably better, waiting for MS to release vista before the games commence.

make your choice for XP.

11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

win2k for me ;)

12. Howard Kaikow

THo it pains me to agree with Detox, I too use Win 2000.
    Never saw sufficient reason to "upgrade" to Win XP.

However, I will need another computer soon and may opt for Win XP before vista is released.

13. theog

theog Registered Member

That is odd... I have vista on my laptop and it works great. Much better than ubuntu linux that I downloaded and had lock up on me after I updated through a "patch release."

About the only bad thing I can say about vista is TOO much security... or maybe not too much, but the security is a pain in the rear. I ended up turning off all security features so I could work smoothly....

Since I build software, I'm forced to upgrade. I actually use vista and office 07 on a daily basis.... great set of products... but I agree with the one poster, that there is nothing in vista that is a "must have."

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Howard, from what I've seen since you began posting, it pains you to agree with anybody!! :D :D

15. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I agree, 2-3 years. Right now I have Windows XP Home 32bit SP2, when I build my computer I might put on it windows XP 64bit (or stay with 32bit). As yet I don't see any real advantage in getting Vista (except to loose my hair). When Vista is released SP3 should be coming out for Windows XP.

16. Howard Kaikow

Even me, myself and I do not always agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.