Good cloud av to use with Returnil?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by monkeybutt, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeybutt

monkeybutt Registered Member

Anyone know of any good ones that have context menu features? From what I understand, running a separate av with Returnil can cause problems. I'm thinking of using prevxcsi along side, would that be an issue?

Also, the system restore function is nothing more than a hook into win system restore right, and where are the other virtual settings that the manual talks about like on demand? I don't see that in the settings anywhere.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Panda Cloud is good as well.

3. monkeybutt

That's probably what I'll use.

Nice list by the way.:D

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks, although I only made ~20% of it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

RSS/RVS gets along well with PrevX, but install Returnil first to ensure there isn't any interference with the installation of the virtualization and core service drivers.

Next, RSS is compatible with most 1st and 2nd tier Antiviruses so there shouldn't be any problem using another AV along side RSS except in the case of CA AV/IS. If there is an issue that causes a problem with RSS, simply change the installation order to RSS first, reinstall other AV.

1. Yes, the RSS System Restore uses the native Windows Volume Shadow Copy service but with some extras. The first part of the enhancement is that once you have made at least one restore, RSS will see this and give you access to its File Restore feature where you can recover specific files from the previous machine state.

The next thing it adds is a recognition of ANY restore, even if that restore did not originate from within the RSS System Restore feature with the same access to the File Restore.

Virus Guard integration: When you move to use the System Restore feature, you will be presented with a series of screens. The first screen will list all available restore points and then automatically scan the most recent one for malware. You can choose to move forward or pick a different restore point from the list and have the VG scan that RP before you move to the next screen which will give you details about the RP so you can verify that yes, this is the RP I want to use.

Then as stated above, you will have automatic access to the File Restore in case you need to recover a file or files from the previous machine state's system.

2. "On-Demand" for the Virtual Mode: This is actually the default setting and was called "Session Lock" in the old 1x series (ref: RVS 2008 and older). What it means is that when you activate the Virtual Mode, it will only be on until you restart your computer at which time it will turn off automatically.

NOTE: simply logging out of your account will not release the Virtual Mode!

To have the Virtual Mode active at all times, you simply need to turn on the appropriate option in the Virtual Mode > Overview > Virtual Mode Always On section.

Mike

6. monkeybutt

Thanks a bunch Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.