Good Bye EZ AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Access Denied, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Scanned and said I was clean. Open TDS-3 and I now wonder what I have gotten infected on this pc.

Scan Control Dumped @ 12:48:14 08-06-04
    (Deleted) RegVal Trace: Suspicious: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    File: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [rundll=rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll",Load]

(DELETED) Positive identification (embedded in file): TrojanSpy.Win32.Briss.e
    File: f:\office\start.exe

(DELETED) Positive identification (embedded in file): TrojanSpy.Win32.Briss.h (dll)

(DELETED) Positive identification: TrojanDropper.Win32.Bridge

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=38878
    Its seemingly more spyware . It is used along with "Bridge.dll" to retrieve information from and to deliver advertisements to user's machine. This executable only contains the activation and uninstall functions. The information delivering features are in "Bridge.dll". A known version of it is 69,632 bytes and uses CLID {9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF}. It is used to obtains advertisements from http :// www2. flingstone.com.
    Its on my etrust v7 sig filles eTrust Antivirus 6x/v7* (InoculateIT Engine) 23.64.66
    However why dont you suggest it be added to the 6.2 (vet) .
    I noticed you are haveing some spyware issues https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=193147#post193147

3. Arin

Arin Registered Member

what version of EZ you were running? was it updated? funny because InoculateIT detects this trojan. remember that sometimes AV softwares misses some trojans. also in this particular case the trojan is actually a spyware. so don't be so hard on EZ. its not that AVs doesn't detect trojans or spywares. its just that their primary goal is to detect viruses, worms and some trojans.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The my e-trust website finally added a link for downloading the new EZ program version. I've been trying to download with that link for several days. I get 47-50% downloaded, & it freezes. Just hangs & does nothing.

Yeah- I'm sure it's my fault. Never mind that I can download Anti-Vir, DrWeb, F-Prot, & all other kinds of stuff just fine. Never mind that I tried to download EZ with 2 different download managers, & then tried it yet again without them. Never mind that I tried 2 different dial-up ISPs on my own computer, then tried roadrunner on my daughter's computer, & it still froze. No doubt EZ is perfect, & it's somehow ALL my fault.:'(

5. solarpowered candle

sorry to hear that you are having a few hasslles . I would email them and get some solution from them . they have, when i have needed assistance, always replied within a very short time and have always had a good solution . They send an email back and you click on the link and it takes you to a page with all the details of your correspondance with them and the customer support person s reply to your needs. Have you looked at the knowledge base first http://crm.my-etrust.com/CIDocument.asp?KDId=261&GUID=571023FB2CDE4E1E900BE3CCCF459BEA
    there are quite a few links at the end of this article for dealing with download issues. If they are not able to help you should check your email that you would have received when you obtained your licence , on it there should be a link for you to email if you have any issues . Best of luck Bellgamin .

6. Access Denied

AVK Pro on my main pc and NOD32 which just replaced EZ, both were able to detect but only AVK could removed it without hassle.

7. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Eliot, your avatar gives me the creep :doubt: . anyway nice to know that you are protected now.

yeah eTrust has some problem with their website allright. i don't have any downloading problem but till now i'm not able to log in as a member. well it doesn't matter as i can still get hold of their softwares and updates by FTP.

8. solarpowered candle

they might be doing some housekeeping. I am not having any delays with downloading my InnoculateIT or Vet updates .

9. Access Denied

It's ok, its
    supposed to do that :ninja:

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Upgrading my EZ-AV to version 6.2 -- a privilege for which I paid good $$$ -- became a bit of a hobby of mine. I never was able to download the program from the either of ca.com's USA servers.

Then they gave me the following link, and it downloaded fast & sweet...
    http://www.vet.com.au/downloads/apps/EZAntivirus.exe

I installed the new version over the old version, as per instructions. Then it would not download signature updates. So they gave me instructions for manual download of sigs, which I did. But the program refused to use the new sigs, or even acknowledge their existence. Finally they suggested I uninstall everything & do a clean install of the new version, which I did. Naturally it asked me for my license code, but -- with the new install -- EVERYthing finally works.

Whew! What a pain in the nether region. However, I have good news {as they say on the Geico/gecko commercials} -- namely, what with all the downloading, support requests, & grumbling I was doing, my wife finally prodded me into moving from dial-up to DSL. Fazoom -- I love it!

As for EZ-AV -- the new version is definitely a biiiig improvement. But was it worth all the trouble I went through to get it? My reply is...:blink:

11. Arin

Arin Registered Member

the version 6.2 is kind of buggy. yes i noticed the thing with updates. if you manually place the file in the derectory the engine will bite it. still the auto updater won't see that its already updated. EZ is all about the Vet engine nothing more nothing less. the interface the configuration all should be better in the next version. if it finds a virus try to use your system and you'll see that permissions has been changed. its a good AV though. just wait for the next version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.