Go Virtual on XPSP3 and SIL 3112 ATA Driver

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by NoProblem, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoProblem

NoProblem Registered Member

Hi all,
    use XP SP3, both partitions C: and D: each as an Raid1 on an SIL3112 Raid ATA Controller embedded on Asus A7N8X2.0 AMDXP3000+ Mainboard.

Have succesfully created a vdsik0.vmdk virtual machine and copied to my new Win7/32 system where i have had installed Virtual Box (i think it is Version 3.2).

On first try the VM seemed to start, see some BIOS messages, but then cusor dissapaers and no further boot process or message are on the Virtual Box screen.

I suggest it must have something to do with the special SIL controller or Raid 1 I have on my XP system.
    Any hints or Tips how to solve the problem ?
    How can Go Virtual emulate this :doubt:

Thanks
    NoProblem

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Go Virtual disabled your RAID driver and injected Virtual Box driver instead.

Did you try to virtualize your WinXP partition only (C: )? Did you try to create VMWare virtual drive and check it with VMWare player (free)?
    The issue could be related to Virtual Box machine configuration.

3. NoProblem

NoProblem Registered Member

Hi,
    tried to create a VMware Image, but after a submitt the Paragons Go Virtual was demanding a windows.iso file....? don't know what he was missing. So give the virtual Box a second chance and explicitely choosed the PIIXIDE driver (beside a SCSI buslogic and LSI...? was possible - would have tried this on further failures.)

This time i have succeded, after importing in the 3.12 Virtual box i have had the complete XP-SP3 with every configuration running - amazing !

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.