gnome colors

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I found a set of Gnome icon themes called ''Gnome-Colors'' in the Ubuntu Software Center.I have never changed icons before.Is there any way of making Ubuntu unstable if I install those icons.Or does it make resource usage higher?

2. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

It won't make any difference to performance or resource useage. Installing will just add the themes to your /usr/share/icons directory and so appear in your gnome icon theme settings. They are quite attractive, I often use the blue brave theme, go for it.

3. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Right click on desktop, click customize on your selected theme, click install and point it to the icon archive.

4. cet

cet Registered Member

Oh! I chose the green Gnome Wise.It is wonderful.It reminds me The previous Mint installation.The pink one is good too.

5. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

cet they dont take memory but if you install emerald theme's they bit heavy on system rest are pretty ok

this site is full of wallpaper theme icons themes ............etc you can check it out if you like

http://gnome-look.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.