Giving resellers advance notice of price rises?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Biscuit, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Thanks for the new product, I like the new interface, tracking cookie blocking & even the icon looks more professional. Hovering over the system tray & seeing when it was last updated is also good.

We're resellers & have several customers running Ewido. Also there's two customers who we quoted last week for the product which is now our preferred anti-spyware product. A couple of suggestions:

Please could you give resellers advance notice of price rises? I have to stick at the price I quoted last week, but the cost to myself has gone up by a few british pounds.

Can we have some sort of bulk license key updater? I've just sat through copy & pasting 15 codes for installation on Friday. I'd hate to have to do that with a 50 user! :blink:

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Re: ewido anti-spyware 4.0.0.172 final is available now!

please contact ewidoreseller -at- grisoft -dot- com for any reseller questions.

Thanks.

3. Biscuit

It's a bit late now! You've brought out a new product & increased the price without telling resellers & made the upgrade very difficult for multi users.

My post was more of a complaint than a question as I don't think the channel has been considered.

Oh, here's a question; why the price increase?

4. MyCal

MyCal Registered Member

Biscuit,

I guess you are UK based? If so as then as UK partner for GRISOFT we will cover you on the quotes sent in the last 30 days to UK customers.

Please contact reseller team www.avguk.com/reseller or 01636 700496.

AFAIK price changes are a result of aligning USD and Euro pricing structures, but as I said we will cover this increase for any quotes sent in the last 30 days.

We will also have POS materials for ewido anti-spy in the next few weeks which we can send you to help drive and reinforce your sales efforts.

As for the mass licence number updating, we will give you a dedicated account manager, pass the numbers to them to update ;)

5. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply MyCal

Yes, I'm in the UK. I am a registered reseller for Ewido, but not for AVG. I saw the sign up page on the website yesterday, but did not progress the AVG partner sign up because AVG anti-virus is not one of our preferred products.

6. MyCal

MyCal Registered Member

Biscuit,

Best to speak to our reseller team, I will speak to them today and explain situation and we will make sure you are covered for those quotes out there.

Phone 01636 700496 and speak to Dave on reseller team or email reseller –at – avguk –dot –com

7. Biscuit

Thanks MyCal

I spoke to Dave, but he explained that as I buy direct from Ewido, it's not really an AVG issue - which I accept. This is very complicated! o_O

8. MyCal

MyCal Registered Member

Biscuit,

I have just spoken to Dave and explained what I meant. Trust me it wont be complicated, I prefer to keep things simple! He will contact you.

Update:
    Dave says everything explained now and not so complicated :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  9. Biscuit

A final update

The fact that Ewido increased proces without warning still has not been sorted out at all & I don't even have an apology from Ewido after loosing money selling their product. Despite AVG, the Ewido distributor in the UK being a good company, the parent company Grisoft in Cyprus, seem to be disorganised & unprofessional.

The treatment of volunteer translators is also unprofessional & I have had several translators contact me privately regarding this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.