Give Acronis some slack

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fedorov999, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

I appreciate a lot of people on here have various issues with TrueImage, I myself am still awaiting SiliconImage 3112 RAID0 support.

But... I think people should also appreciate just how brave it is for a company like this to even dare to have any Forums - most of us know, or should know that almost all forums are going to be littered with discontent Users, not many people bother to praise a company/product.

Also, you are talking about a product that has to somehow keep up with the ridiculous amount of hardware out there, something that changes on a weekly basis almost!!! Your average piece of software isn't exactly bothered which bios/chipset your machine has got inside, Windows handles that for 99% of software products.

As a software developer myself, I'm glad I don't have to worry about getting my products working for all this hardware out there - Acronis do, so I think we should cut them a little more slack sometimes cos believe me it ain't an easy job!

I've just sent an email off to support today and got the standard automated response, I fully appreciate it may be a few days before I get a "human" answer - be patient everyone. :)

Fedorov.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fedorov --

Thank you for your kind words :)

Actually we've closed our response time through direct Acronis Support to the advertised 48 hours and even less. So I am sure you will get a "human" reply quite soon. We will try to keep working on improving the product.

Thank you.

3. Realistic

Realistic Guest

Fedorov999

"But... I think people should also appreciate just how brave it is for a company "

You are absolutely right. Acronis is very brave in collecting a lot of money for this new version, with all the bugs and glitches, poor upgrade path, very poor support response/stall tactics and the expectation of paying users to beta a new version that should only be a dot release. I don't think their arm's were twisted in any way. They are in orver their head at this point, but I do hope they can recover quickly for the sake of many dedicated users.
    Just imagine if a automaker pulled this crap, they would be in federal court within a week.
    Don't you see; it's obviously about the MONEY.

4. Fedorov999

Yes I agree v8 should really have been a dot release - I am also confident that Acronis can only learn from their mistakes and given time make it up to us loyal customers.

Fedorov.

5. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Really?? I have an open item for which I sent information to Acronis 48 hours ago and I still have not received a response.

6. Fedorov999

I got my human response not long ago, same day as I just sent it :-*

7. leehigdon3

That's probably because you're a much nicer person than I am (in correspondence).

8. Fedorov999

We learn something everyday then don't we? :)

I'm sure they'll respond, although if you have been rather nasty then as a tech.support person myself I probably wouldn't respond if a customer got very rude to me. :eek:

9. leehigdon3

No. I'm not rude; I just not overtly pleasant :p

10. jamoke

jamoke Registered Member

The only reason they have a forum is to fool you into believing they actually care, and will service your requests. Successful companies have FULL support for their products. Successful companies will also refund customers when their products are defective. Apparently, that is not the case for Acronis.

11. Onebyte

Onebyte Registered Member

Jamoke:

Just some observations from an observer:

It's extremely difficult to support all makes and models of equipment that are often being driven by idiots. If you think you have problems using this software just wait until you try upgrading that old computer to windows xp! Your computer education is just beginning.

Also, you can creat recovery diskettes and use the hard drive F11 method of recovery. You don't necessarily need a CD.

But from your posts I am gathering that your cd may not even be fully functional in Win ME. You may or may not get it working under XP.

Maybe you'll have better luck with another imaging software program like Norton Ghost, but I sincerely doubt it. At least you're getting a free trial to see if the software fits your needs. That's about all you can expect from a complex imaging program like ATI nowadays.

See my last post

12. jamoke

jamoke Registered Member

Bottom line is that Acronis True Image was purported to work if my system met the minimum requirements, which it does. If I was given any kind of indication that "under certain circumstances" I might not be able to write to my CD-RW drive, then I would have had second thoughts about buying the product. Acronis should either offer me a solution, or give me my money back. By the way, I design semiconductors for a living, so I am quite "educated" when it comes to computers.

13. Acronis Support

Hello Jamoke --

We do follow our refund policy that is listed on our website. Namely if you order the product via *our* online store you are eligible for a refund within 30 days after your purchase.

If you purchase it through some reseller - you need to check their refund policies.

Thank you.

14. jamoke

jamoke Registered Member

I did order the product via the online store. How do I go about getting a refund? I've emailed Acronis sales and cc'd support and info with my request for a refund. I've also left a phone message with sales requesting a refund. What should I do now?

15. Acronis Support

Hello Jamoke --

Please PM me and I'll take care of it.

Thank you.

16. jamoke

jamoke Registered Member

How do I go about doing that?

17. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Click on the name "Acronis Support" then click on "Send a Private Message to Acronis Support".

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.