GhostSecurity Suite 2010

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SAIBOT_TOBIAS, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAIBOT_TOBIAS

SAIBOT_TOBIAS Registered Member

Hello Peeps of this very nice forum!

I was checking out regdefend, appdefend, & ghostwall from Ghostsecurity but I noticed that there are no longer any forums for support & it seems that Ghostsecurity hasn't updated their programs for 3 or 4 years.

Is there products anygood and does anyone know if it's still supported and if so where and how?

If they don't support their products anymore then why do they still sell them?

Regards,

S_T

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Moved Thread to this Forum for More Exposure!

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

You are correct. The website still exists, but there have been no updates in over two years. The developer Jason Annice released a new beta of AppDefend/RegDefend in the Spring of 2008, but it was never finalized for public release. Not sure if Jason is even involved with Ghost Security anymore. It was the company he formed after leaving DiamondCS. It was made for Windows XP and never developed past that. It still would work under XP, but not sure what would happen if you attempt to purchase it. The last few E-Mails I sent to Jason went unanswered as well as posts here. Since there is no support and it is not a free program(s) I think I would move on.

4. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Such a shame, this was one of my early HIPS. It is strange how developers disappear. I often wonder whether they are snapped up by bigger cooperations & told to abandon their present projects.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

My first HIPS was process guard. It was a great program. I still have a license for it. Its a shame that the company did not continue to develop it. The last time i used it on XP it worked great, and offered protection that stopped some attacks that even more modern HIPS missed. It works as a default deny for any exe file that you don't have a rule set for. It also protects from process injection. It does not have an installation mode So if your installing new software you have to deactivate the protection.

Hey i've reached my 300th post :)

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very sad as i also loved ProcessGuard:'(

7. SAIBOT_TOBIAS

SAIBOT_TOBIAS Registered Member

Thank you for your replies everyone, it's a shame about GhostSecurity and ProcessGuard. I will check techsupportalert.... for a good free alternative.

Regards Y'all for your time!:D

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yeah man so we have to find an alternative and for me it was PE Guard/DefenseWall

9. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

From personal experience, since I think I tried all traditional hips, I would recommend as free choice Malware Defender, which is a really powerful app, provided you know how to answer to the pop ups. It used to be shareware but now is free.

Online Solutions Security Suite is a paid alternative, with a very powerful firewall but somehow awkward registration. IMO at least they should have provided lifetime registration.

Online Armor is another paid choice, that is primary a firewall, it has however very strong hips features.

Appart from the three above, there are some older hips like System Safety Monitor and Real Time Defender, not still developed, but very usable. I wouldn't use them though, as OA, MD & OSSS are on the top of the list.

There are some other programs with different approach like PE Guard & DefenseWall that you could try.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.