Ghost broke it

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by brandon252006, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandon252006

brandon252006 Registered Member

So i have 2 computers that are the exact same and i was going to ghost one and put that image on the other. sounds easy then it gets complicated i do the step by step instructions and it says its going to restart into dos to do its operation so it does then it freezes. the computer wont return to windows or anything i just want to know if their is a disk that can fix this problem because i can go into dos and dir/w it says NOTHING about windows just ghreboot can this be fixed without wiping the whole hard drive? :eek:

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

3. brandon252006

well actually this is for work im at home.. but yes its 2003.. it doesnt even try to go back into windows.. well it trys it just gets STUCK.. or frozen if you will..

Brandon

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

did norton ghost2003 report any errors before the reboot?
    because if it did then it half restored then failed so it wont boot.
    this happerned to me the other day while i was testing norton ghost 2003 on my test pc.
    it had an error and couldnt finish restoring the image so it reported the error then when you reboot it just goes to a curser since the image didnt finish restoring.
    so it probaly needs a format. then you could stick in the ghost bootable media and check the archive for interity to see if it passes or not.
    what was the image on that you tryed to restore?
    second internal drive?
    external usb or firewire?
    or other please name?
    lodore

5. brandon252006

yes it said something about the usb that it may not work with them and then it said something about hard drive integrity i was guessing that it meant i havent defrag them in a while but as far as the image it was on my primary hard drive and i put the blank hard drive as the second they are both SATA internal. is their any way i can recover any data that was on windows?

6. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.