Getting the control panel for Nod to show up in the system tray

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bowhuntr, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowhuntr

bowhuntr Registered Member

For some reason, and I don't know why, the control panel icon isn't showing in my system tray any more. I figure I can just put it into the startup folder, but didn't know if this was the best way to do it. What is the best way to get it to show up? I looked all thru the settings and couldn't find it.

Thanks,
    bowhuntr

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi bowhuntr,

Before you do that can you check if it isn't already running?
    I've seen a few cases, where the icon did not show up, but the program was active anyway.
    Happened to me a few times after an explorer "hickup" but at reboot it's always back. And although the icon is not in the systray in such cases, the processes are running.

Regards,

Pieter

3. bowhuntr

Pieter, the processes are running like they are supposed to, it is just the icon in the tray that isn't showing up. I have restarted several times, even did a complete shutdown and then reboot and I can't get the icon to show back up.

Thanks,
    bowhuntr

4. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

If you're using XP, right click on the task bar and go to properties, there's a little thingey that may be checked that hides unused icons in the taskbar. Uncheck it...you may have to go into it and set it back to default.

5. bowhuntr

I know where that is, that aint it. :D

6. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

You say it "isn't showing anymore". So I would assume that at one time it was working correctly. What has changed lately....any software installed. Can you post your system specs, running processes, etc.

7. bowhuntr

I uninstalled some things, that is all. When i restarted, it was gone. System Mechanic was what I uninstalled. I have TrojanHunter, Outpost, Adwatch, Spyguard, and Spyblaster running in the background, if that helps.

Thanks,
    bowhuntr

8. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Have you tried uninstalling NOD then reinstalling it?

9. bowhuntr

I aint ready to go that far, just yet. Nod is working just fine, updating and everything, just the icon is gone out of the tray. I ran a system scan with Nod and also with Trojanhunter and everything is good in that aspect.

bowhuntr

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

it would be good to know whether alert windows appear on the screen or not at all. It is likely that nod32kui.exe does not start automatically at Windows startup. What system are you running?

11. rflum

rflum Registered Member

Hey, bowhuntr,
    Look at the HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run key.
    Does the data for the Nod32CC entry have a "DONTSHOW" flag on it?
    That might be the problem - try removing the "DONTSHOW" and see if that fixes the problem.
    Rob

12. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hey bowhuntr :D

I had this problem too. Do u have ad-watch?

If u do uncheck "auto blocking mode" It is in the automation settings. Everytime i had it checked it wiped out my nod32 system tray icon. Also shut off my ZA too.

Hope this helps

Regards snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.