Getting Comodo and Antihook to play together?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dokkalf, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dokkalf

dokkalf Registered Member

Oct 21, 2006
    I have Comodo The Component Monitor is set to Learning. All other settings (Application Monitor, Network Monitor, and App. Behavior Analysis) are On. I also have Antihook Free, running in Fingerprint mode.

Every time I start a program like Firefox (or IE or Thunderbird, etc.), I get a Security Alert from Comodo saying the program is trying to act as a server. In the Security Considerations section, I'm told that Antihook has modified the program in memory. I check the remember box, and Allow, but if I close the program and restart it, I get the same message.

Short of turning off the "Monitor inter-process memory modifications" under "Application Behavior Analysis" (which does work), or telling Comodo to skip loopback TCP connections, is there any way stop these messages (which I don't think I should be getting after the first one)? Or should I be be looking at Antihook?

Also, if I do skip loopback TCP connections, then Firefox, Opera, and other browsers give a new set of warnings about the programs trying to connect to the internet with the same Security Considerations (Antihook modified program in memory) and same behavior (Say Remember and Allow; get exact same warnings next time).
  2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Aplication Behaviour Analysis & Component Control in CPF act like HIPS.
    If I were you, I would disable Component Control for sure and from ABA:
    "Monitor DLL Injections" and "Monitor inter-process memory modification".
    Or try to set up Antihook to "Allow All" & "Skip advanced security checks".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.