Getting Comodo and Antihook to play together?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dokkalf, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dokkalf

dokkalf Registered Member

I have Comodo 2.3.6.81. The Component Monitor is set to Learning. All other settings (Application Monitor, Network Monitor, and App. Behavior Analysis) are On. I also have Antihook 2.6.0.14 Free, running in Fingerprint mode.

Every time I start a program like Firefox (or IE or Thunderbird, etc.), I get a Security Alert from Comodo saying the program is trying to act as a server. In the Security Considerations section, I'm told that Antihook has modified the program in memory. I check the remember box, and Allow, but if I close the program and restart it, I get the same message.

Short of turning off the "Monitor inter-process memory modifications" under "Application Behavior Analysis" (which does work), or telling Comodo to skip loopback TCP connections, is there any way stop these messages (which I don't think I should be getting after the first one)? Or should I be be looking at Antihook?

Also, if I do skip loopback TCP connections, then Firefox, Opera, and other browsers give a new set of warnings about the programs trying to connect to the internet with the same Security Considerations (Antihook modified program in memory) and same behavior (Say Remember and Allow; get exact same warnings next time).

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Aplication Behaviour Analysis & Component Control in CPF act like HIPS.
    If I were you, I would disable Component Control for sure and from ABA:
    "Monitor DLL Injections" and "Monitor inter-process memory modification".
    Or try to set up Antihook to "Allow All" & "Skip advanced security checks".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.