get back at spammers legally?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Jimbob1989, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

How can people legally get back at spammers?

Is it legal to get a large group of people to send emails back to the spammers, prepherably all at once, hopefully causing a system overload of some kind?

Jimbob

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Many spammers use an innocent persons pc by placing a Trojan on it. In those cases, and this has happened around where I live, you would be overloading an innocent persons pc.

Acadia

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Report junk e-mail non-stop.

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

JimmyBoo!!

That is doing the very same thing they are doing!! Come up with something more original and without using other people to do your work!

That's what spamblockers are for! If someone you know is having that problem, instead of creating another one, help them protect their computer!!

It should be easy for you, there are plenty of people with good advice right here!!

Now, get off that computer, go spend some time outdoors!! It's probably a beautiful morning there! Don't argue!!(sigh, Kids!!)

Marja:cool:

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Don't spam blockers just make the spammers think of new ways of spamming people?

*Jimbob sits back feeling like he knows it all, mistakenly.*

6. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Some spam blockers are really good at what they do. I prefer Bayesian filtering, because it learns, even if spammers use new tricks.:D

Just don't use the bounce feature in your spam blocker, because most email adresses are spoofed, so in fact you're spamming another person just like you.

Can't say I've problems with spam. :cool:

7. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

They are not that complusive to have the need to be reactionary..and most groups or proggies that thought it a good idea to spam them back..only found that to cause more load on the mail servers out there in general and lots of return mail direct right back at them...compouded by the fact that if one of your firends had your email stored any place on their PC even in an email you sent to them that they kept..and they were infected with some of these recent STMP tpye bad boys ( sober worm being one)..you might end up with so much spam thye email yourself..your ISP would close you down..being the innocent victim.

Moderation is the key word..and that is why you can block them many ways with your email client..or do webmail..or just hit the delete.

I have not had any emaail down loaded to my PC in years now..i do it all on the web..at the mail servers...with IE and their web mail..no use messing up your own system as a storage tank..and since free email addys are a dime a dozen..get a new one if the going get rough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.