GeSWall Free

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ssj100, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athletic

Athletic Registered Member

Yes that I was thinking without better looking...but it deleted my download location that I setup in firefox,my theme that was not default,all whitelist in my NoScript addon.,and lot of other stuff in firefox.......... :thumbd: But I had backup with acronis only few days old

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s your mistake. GesWall is not like Sansboxie. There is no file virtualization. You don,t need to delete isolated/ untrusted files. You can however delete your browser cache, cookies etc as you do normally via browser or CCleaner etc.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1279672&postcount=42

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1279674&postcount=43

Putting an application in any group will not make any difference nor it will apply any specific allow rule sto this application. Allow rules for individual application are different that are there by deafult or you can add manually.

Adding an application to launch as Isolated/ untrusted will apply default restriction rules to it that are same in each case.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Launch as un-isolated via right click menue is still on to-do list(like many other features).
    At the moment u can click on G caption Icon and click restart as un-isolated.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Get me a 64 bit beta so I can come home please.:doubt:
    This is getting old, scanning.:doubt:

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

hell. I bought Kaspersky for the new Sandboxing module in 2010 just to find out it doesnt work. How the hell can they market a product or module, that isnt even compatible on the latest software. Duh?

7. ExCavTanker

ExCavTanker Registered Member

I am unable to get GesWall Free sucessfully installed on my WinXP SP3 machine. First it would not boot so I had Windows start last known configuration and I was able to get the PC to boot but the icon at the bottom (Geswall)has a red x and if I right click on it it says the license has expired.

I re-ran the install, clicked repair and it hangs when attempting to start services. It then gives a ERROR 1902 unable to start services, also there was an MMC error at some point.

I am on a user account with full admin privileges and have not had any errors installing any other programs. The 'G' and fading red stripe show up on my desktop and every program I open but I can't get it to do anything since the service isn't running.

The program installed perfectly on my wife's Vista laptop so I'm bummed at my experience so far on this PC.

I've searched the GW forum, made a post there but they just don't seem to have any active posters for tech support, hopefully someone here does.

Thanks!

8. Less

Less Registered Member

hi, i am new to geswall..
    how to we trust an application?

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

All applications are trusted by default. If an application makes a network connection( internet access), you get a pop up if u want to isolate( untrust) it or not. U can make the application isolated for the time being( say Yes) or permanantly( say Yes with remember this option).

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Your best hope is their support I think.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i had same proble as ExCavTanker but the isue was fixed after formatting the system:) now i was able to try for the first time in about 2 years that i couldnt try geswall:) now i could and i liked it alot:thumb:

12. ExCavTanker

Formatting what system, surely you're not referring to the entire hard drive are you?

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i did that just to try geswall;)ofcourse i save all documents :)

14. ExCavTanker

I fixed it.......with an uninstall, it obviously doesn't play well with XP SP3.

Maybe they'll fix it in their next release but I'm not holding my breath. FWIW I tried DW and it worked PERFECT.

15. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I purchased a GesWall license a couple of days ago after trying out the software with leaktests, trojans, etc.. If you make your network restricted for trusted or confidential then nothing is going out unless you make it so. I added Comodo's firewall after I noticed some wierd freezing with Geswall and Malware Defender. I also have a licensed copy of DW which is evergreen and goes on my other mission critical PC.

16. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Apathy,

When using other network monitors (like MD), GesWall (I have Pro) seems to work better when running Network as confidential. I tried ironing out this glitch with support but some (very few) Xp Pro SP3 have these issues. Debuggers of GW do not show any strange things or errors.

Regards Kees

17. Less

Less Registered Member

i am running geswall free now.... and it seems like SSM runs with G caption on..... how to disable it for SSM?

18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s a bug.

19. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

which one?the free version?

20. Less

Less Registered Member

yes the free version....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.