Geswall 2.8 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

eagle is this anti screenlog and anti clipboard protection set up by default or need any user intervention?also is this protection included in the free version?thanks eagle:thumb:

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Here is when i tried to capture my desktop with FS Capture running inside GesWall.

Attached Files:

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

this is freaking cool;) i may try it in my vista machines:thumb:

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ofcourse by default for any isolated application. Free version has all protection features like Pro.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very cool,new and improve GeSwall:thumb: :thumb: i will for sure give it a try,this is the type of security app that i really like:thumb: thanks eagle

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hey Geswall and Defensewall sounds like a killer set up if they do not kill each other off.:D

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

trust me they will for sure:D

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thanks for the info...thats what i like to hear :)
    ellison

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

what i am going to is to have GeSWall with malware defender in vista and defensewall and mamutu in xp:D

10. Dark Shadow

If the license is good for life then I ask when you go to the purchase page, it states price per each license with 1 yr safe application updates, am I missing something.

11. ellison64

WOW !!! £37 POUNDS...I think ive just changed my mind about purchasing :(
    ellison

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it is about 70 canadian dollar:)

13. Dark Shadow

My thoughts exactly. At full price of nearly $54.00 USD but currently has limited time 15 percent discount is still over $ 45.00 and some change USD.It is kind of expensive but if its life time its maybe worth it providing it sticks around a bit.If however if its only 1 yr updates then hell no when they have a free version.I believe in supporting the good guys for further devlopement of good products and they have overhead cost and family and mouths to feed but not when it hurts my wallet from the mouths I have to feed.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

License is good for life. I was thinking updates etc are free for all minor version upgrades etc. May be they changed it. After one year you can use the software but might have to pay for upgrades etc.

Infact I am not sure, I told you what i read somewhere here. Best is to ask their support, they may be quite flixible in their terms n conditions.

By the way they need to decrease the price a bit if they want better sales, not sure why they are not considering this issue. I will suggest to them I think.

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Use either one. It,s like using two real time AVs at the same time.

16. ellison64

I cant see how paying for major upgrades can be a lifetime license?.My idea of a lifetime license is like outpost firewall .I purchased it in 2001 0r 2002 and i still can use my license without any extra cost.All this small print and conditions is a very dubious practice in my view.
    ellison

17. Dark Shadow

I know your just telling what you read or understand it.Not questioned you friend I trust you enough in theses forums you have good credit here aigle.:D IMO if they lowered there price even if it meant No free version.offer a reasonable trial as many do such a DW with purchase of accepatable prices for all around mother earth.cheers

18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I totally agree that conditions n terms must be clear. Infact i used the term life time. I just checked, they are clear on their site. It,s not life time. However software continues to work though no supposedly no upgrades etc after a year.

BTW the true life time licence policy is a wrong policy and can,t fit in today,s business model.

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the price is fine. But people would like to know lifetime means at least for the next few years. If you look back over the last 2 years, to most, Geswall was a dying product. And by reading that, why would you buy. I, like Aigle, knew, or shall I say hoped, it wasnt. We were given some tidbits to think it was fine and I know I email the vendor about once a week. Lol. So, some paid that price based on what Aigle or myself said, and none have regretted it at least that I know of.

So, Geswall justs needs to get people informed. Their forums need to be utilized more. Having someone come here as a rep, is the quickest way to the profit lane, and then, maybe profit isnt the motive for them anymore, just doing what they do. Lol:thumb:

20. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks, I was just explaining it. :)

I will suggest to them about price model.

21. Dark Shadow

lucky you,currenty here 1 HD drive .:'( I need a great room filled with HD Drives, so can run every thing even Antivirus 2009:D:D

22. ellison64

The problem with overseas users is they get hit with a 19% tax..so it becomes expensive.I think the software is brilliant..but i also think £37 pounds in the current climate here in the U.K is pushing the boat out a little too far.As well as moaning here (sorry guys ) ,ive also contacted geswall to express this opinion too.Personally i think a top end price of £25 including the tax is a good price and a fair price.
    ellison

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

With FD-ISR, I run DefenseWall, Geswall, Avira, Eset, Prevx Edge and ShadowDefender all in their own snapshots.;)

24. Dark Shadow

ya go rub it in .:D

25. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I agree. I am not interested in buying Geswall, but this VAT thing is killing non US buyers and software vendors should realize that. Specially with the economic crisis, i don't think they will see their non-US sales boosted any time soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.