GeSWall 2.7.1 is released.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Henk1956, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I don,t know but I uninstalled RC 2 without problems via windows add/ remove. So with many previous betas etc as I tested all of them. However I never check/ touch the registry. But again i load a new image of my system often as a routine.

2. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi all,

I second aigle, installed and uninstalled each beta on three different comps and i never seen this kind of issues
    Sorry guys, like aigle said, the best way is to mail to Brian (GS' forum is alas nearly dead)

Regards,

MaB

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    This is an interesting thread (for me).
    I have been testing (the competition D!) on another PC, and just d/l GesW, to test, to compare to see which one fits my needs, then I read these comments.
    Thanks for giving me another viewpoint.
    Cheers :rolleyes:

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Freda:

To uninstall the competition "D" is not that smooth either.

5. fredra

fredra Registered Member

@Perman
    Thanks for being circumspect ... I didn't mention the name of the competition, as I didn't want to hijack the OP's thread, OR get the thread closed.
    I will try an UNinstal and if it is not "smooth", I will contact the developer in his forum.
    It would appear that he knows about it, based on a thread I read (maybe it was from MaB69, not sure), so I will investigate.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Cheers :rolleyes:

6. omega5475

omega5475 Registered Member

Suprisingly, Brian replied my mail in just one hour! Thank God that their excellent support is back. Currently working with Brian to resolve the problems.

7. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

When I tried to install RC2 over RC1, my machine wouldn't boot up, although I was uninstalling RUBotted at the same time so that may have been the cause. This time I closed down the app and service, disabled the driver and then installed over the old version (to retain all of my rules). Final version is working fine.

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Install of 2.7 went smooth here.
    Liking the new version. :D
    Testing it with AKLT 3.0, GeSWall now passes all :thumb: except the last screenshot.

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

Is there something with the website/supportforum. I can not log in, resending password requires a VIP code which does not work when copied and I am not receiving a response on a program bug (which is very unusual fpr Brian).

Regards Kees1958

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Forums have been dead, development slow and support stanganat since last few months.
    What is this bug BTW?

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Kees, Brian was kind enough to send a mail to me about this issue. Actually they forget to report updated code on support web page, they have done it now so u can post.

Brian have replied to u, but seems u did not receive his mail. Let me know how it goes!

Good that Brian is monitoring Wilders too!

12. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Aigle, thx

I still have not received the reply. My service provicer is also buggy at the moment, so I trust Brian to have send it to me.

Regards Kees

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.