German and French Version of RAC

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Adramalech, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

Hi There

Is there a fench and German Version of RAC?? I've had troubles importing XML files edited by french and german configuration editors into a Package from english RAC. It seems that not all settings in the XML files are compatible to every language, that's why I uses other editors than the english one.

Well, installing the other language packs with just a basic set (RAS Server address, etc.) and than pushing the real XML to the workstations works great but I would be nice if creating the packages worked

1. For all languages with the same XML
    2. or if I had the other versions of RAC

Sorry, but I cannot tell the error anymore. I was probably something like "..incorrect format of XML file..." or "...error 1002,6..". This is maybe something to consider to be fixed.;)

Adra

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have a French version of NOD32 installed on a computer with English RAC, the French xml file will be used by RAC.

3. Adramalech

Hmmm...

Strange. On my WS NOD32 Geman ist installed together with english RAC, but not even the German file is entirely compatible. There were some errors for instance while configuring a primary and secondary update profile (the workstaions didn't apply the configuration properly). Configuring it with a german editor worked but the package couldn't be created. Only updating the clients with a confguration task in RAC worked....

Guess i'll have to do some more tests.

4. Adramalech

Marcos,

It didn't work. I've tried with the most recent version of french NOD32 and english RAC. First i've installed NOD and next RAC. Still, when editing the XML with RAC and then trying to create the package with the XML file, an error comes up saying "This file has incorrect format. (10040,3)".

The XML was originaly created with an french editor.

What next?:(

5. rpremuz

rpremuz Registered Member

I also had that problem after upgrading NOD32 RAC from version 1.0.9 to 1.0.11.

The English NOD32 RAC ver. 1.0.11 reported: "This file has incorrect format. (10040,3)" when I was creating a NOD32 installation package and I tried to select a NOD32 configuration (the XML file) that was created with Croatian version of the NOD32 Configuration Editor (ver. 1.24.01:cool:.

The problem was solved by installing a newer version of the Croatian NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP 32/64-bit - LAN Update Server (ver. 2.51.26) that contains a newer version of the Croatian NOD32 Configuration Editor (ver. 1.27.021).

I'd say that I've got the problem not because I used English RAC with Croatian Configuration Editor, but because I used a newer version of RAC with an older version of Configuration Editor. It seems that they are somehow incompatible.

-- rpr. /Robert Premuž/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.