GDATA aka Antiviruskit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the insider, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the insider

the insider Registered Member

Hi,

Is there anybody who uses this AV ? This double-scan technologe seems to me very interesting as two know always more than one ! Is GDATA the only one who implements this method? o_O

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i tried it... its extremly cheap GUI with slow performance, messed up my machine, detection is great, but i wouldnt recommend this to anyone.

3. the insider

thanks for the fast reply ! I'll keep it in mind ! I thought that a product which uses the Kaspersky and Bitdefender engine must be good but apparently I was wrong :oops:

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

its detection is great, nobody is denying that... and i dont think anyone will.

but ive tried a few over the years, and that was the only one that messed up my machine, and it was the slowest piece of software ever.

changing the settings in the program, ie. selecting the tick box for "scan all files" would take sooo long to do, and then sooooo long to apply it, scan speed is slow and worst of all, messed up my laptop.
    i think its the worst GUI of any suite, but this 'might' have changed in the 2007 version, i wouldnt know.

im not sure if they do a trial, but if they do .. give it a go, and see if its improved since i last tried it.

good luck :)

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Actually the GUI is ok, it's a personal thing and only you can decide, it is slow, but might not be as much on your pc. The unfortunate thing is that they are ditching the BitDefender engine for Avast and this was the "only" reason for choosing it because of the better BD heuristics.

6. the insider

you see I got worried about Kaspersky earlier this week because in another thread on this forum, they scored only "standard" instead of the usual "advanced+" should I worry or is this only part of the whole protection they offer?

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

dont put too much attention on heuristics,

plus kaspersky is getting a new heuristics engine soon,

im suprised AVK are ditching bitdefender for avast, bad move in my opinion

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i thought the same two signitures av's why?
    bitdefender heristics and kaspersky engine is a winner except the slow down.
    lodore

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

F-Secure and TrustPort are other Home AV's with multiple engines.

But increased detection is generally balanced by increased resource usage. IME, all of these multiple scan engine AV's can be real heavyweights in real-time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.