Garbled display in Sysprep PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by krlseidl, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krlseidl

krlseidl Registered Member

I created a SYSPREP install of XP and I now want to image it to other PC's
    I created a Rescue CD from True Image. When I boot the PC I notice that the Acronis logo does not display when loading the software. Once the software loads the display is full of vertical lines and is unreadable.

If I use this same CD to boot another PC that is not SYSPREP'd the display looks fine.

Any ideas?

2. krlseidl

I have done some more testing. The problem is not whether the PC is Sysprep'd or not. I loaded a True Image boot disk on the same model of Dell PC and the same problem happens. These are Dell GX50's. Is there some BIOS setting that could cause the display to be garbled? The same boot disk works fine on another model of PC.

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Just for kicks, try switching the monitor to a different brand and let us know. It may be an oddball case where the monitor cannot sync to the frequency chosen by TI.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello krlseidl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Can you please make a shot using a digital camera and send it to support@acronis.com? Please also describe the problem and we will do our best in order to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. krlseidl

I fond the garbled display elsewhere in the forum. Seems this is a known issue. I put in a secondary video card in the PC and the problem wnet away. The software did not like the onbaord video controller.

That being said, I am disappointed that it took over a week to discover a known bug. This should be posted on the acornis web-site rather than making us wade through forum posts to find it.

6. NTK

NTK Registered Member

Just yesterday i got that type of garble display when Cloning a drive on Dell GX150 PC. I first thought that the display could be as fault due to a LCD, switch it to a CRT display,same result, I figuire it was the video card, but stuck in the middle of no where to pull a video card out of my pocket was a miracle, not going to happen. Solution was to put the new drive in an External USB drive case, (which I had) Boot system with old drive, and clone the new drive thru the USB port (usb 1 speed) two 2-1/2 hours for nearly 10GB. Hope it helps. But it will be nice to known.

Now my problem is that I read in the forum about SATA Via Drivers 8237

I have a Asus MB K8V SE Deluxe using sata Raid Via 8237 with 2 Hitachi 160Gb
    each. I bougth this software to make My life easier it sounds not. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.