Games can't connect

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Xenophobe, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenophobe

Xenophobe Registered Member

I'm using the latest LnS with Phant0m''s latest ruleset, and my games (Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2, etc) can't search for servers anymore. Are there any specific rules I could add to allow this?

2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Look in the 'log' for connections which have been refused. Try allowing these and then try to connect again. You could also 'google' what ports to allow in order to connect to these servers.

3. Xenophobe

Alright, after looking at the log (and adding a rule to allow what it blocked) it made a rule with this description:
    That alone didn't work.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, i have 32 games installed, all run fine after allowing the ports shown in the logs, i tried phant0ms rules and this was simply too involved after forwarding all the correct ports and tweeking some rules i managed to get one game running and only for about 3 minutes, i cut my losses and went back to l'n's advanced rules which seem a lot more user friendly. phant0ms rules may be more secure but user and gamer friendly? any extra rules i found were disabled to let any online game run, i found it too hard going.

5. Xenophobe

Edit: Nevermind; I found some rules posted in the LnS French forum made specifically for my games. It works with phant0m's ruleset now.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.