Game Booster - Iobit

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Saraceno, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I did a search for this program, but couldn't seem to find it on here. I know people use it as I've seen it in some taskbar screenshots.

Anyway, see product here:
    http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

See forum here:
    http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Rating: 4.65 (1867 votes)
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=6148

Seems to free up anywhere from 150-300MB on my system, while only disabling the default settings, and none of the additional programs I run.

If you've already running an optimised system, you shouldn't notice a difference, but if you have a ton of services running, say by default, then you should notice a difference.

Let me know if it works for you. Found on a friend's older system, counter-strike was definitely more stable and no slowdowns.

Some screen shots:
    gb - first.jpg

I choose to skip all of the following services, but you can disable your AV from updating and so on...

gb second.jpg

I disabled the program, then enabled again right-away, so the amount of RAM freed up would be much higher.
    gb - third.jpg
    Game booster enabled.jpg
    gb2.jpg

More to upload...

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Saraceno

Services stopped....

gb3.jpg
    gb4.jpg
    gb5.jpg
    gb6.jpg
    gb7.jpg

Couple more to come...

3. Saraceno

gb8.jpg

And the resources it uses (less than my screen capture program):
    resource.jpg

4. Saraceno

5. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

interesting. thanks for the post. I've already tweaked my services so don't know what difference it would make , but it would be handy to have an on/off for everything else.

any conflicts you know of ?

62 MB was the reported figure on my PC .
    and got a firewall warning, which surprised me.

6. Saraceno

No conflicts with a-squared (which has the behaviour monitoring ie mamutu), sandboxie, shadow defender. No alerts given except for firewall, which I disallowed.

None on friend's system with Avira, ThreatFire and Sygate firewall. Sygate gave one prompt, but after declining, the program didn't try to connect again while running.

Tried it on another system running McAfee enterprise, no problems there either.

As the program was released recently, out of beta, a few weeks ago or so, it is checking for updates as it's a new program being developed.

I just set a rule to disallow the outbound connection, just like with programs such as adobe acrobat, and windows media player etc. Iobit's other programs usually check for updates as they are updated frequently. You might also want to try the portable version of advance system care, which I found to be useful. http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1541

Game booster seems like a stable program. I had it running for several hours, no problems updating AV, using msn, browsing the net etc.

You're right though, would suit those users who haven't tweaked their services already.

7. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I use it when I play Oblivion 4 on my notebook. :thumb:

I feel smoother than not using it and don't see any problem with it running.
    My system is : Vista 32bit 2G ram

Yeah,of couse my system's services are twisted too.

8. Saraceno

Good to hear bone. I have the same specs as you and agree, definite improvement.

I'm going to recommend it to a friend who uses a particular editing program, which seems to use a lot of memory. ABout 1.5GB RAM. He has 4GB, but only 3GB usable on Vista Ultimate.

The program crashes once memory reaches about 2GB. It's a known problem, but an expensive/worthwhile program. I'll see if using something like this saves that extra bit of memory, and if shutting down those services improves the program's stability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.