Full and incremental - thought I understood

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mediaman, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mediaman

Mediaman Registered Member

Each month I do a full backup (last one was Nov 16th - 181 MB) and each week I do an incremental (last one was Nov 22nd 60 MB).

When I look at time stamps on the files, they are stamped correctly - I see MyBackup.tib as last modified on the 16th and MyBackup2.tib as last modified on the 22nd.

HOWEVER, when I open the files I see that BOTH were revised on the 22nd and EACH has an entry for the 16th and the 22nd. See attached screenshot.

Is this normal?

Why is the FULL backup file touched at all??

Why does the FULL backup files show the correct last modified date of Nov 16the yet was modiifed a week alter?

So next week, on the Nov 30th, I will see three files ( expected) and EACH file will have three entries??

I am clearly confused! I thought incremental simply builds upons changes to the full !! What am I missing here?

===========
    Acronis 11 ; Windows Vista

Attached Files:

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Another of the idiosyncrasies of True Image. The important thing is does a restore work correctly. Have you tried to do a restore?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mediaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that when you open the files, Acronis True Image detects that the archives are parts of the chain and shows all pieces no matter which file you click on. The original full backup is actually not changed.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.