FrontPage publishing and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 5

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by spiderwebwoman, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiderwebwoman

spiderwebwoman Registered Member

I am still maintaining a couple of web sites with Microsoft FrontPage 2003 and publishing via http using the IP address of the remote server. Today I upgraded NOD32 from V4 to V5, and now I get the message "The server "" timed out. The current request did not complete successfully." I *am* able to open the live site using the IP address, but I can't publish from local to remote.

I seem to recall that in years past, other AVs thought FrontPage was a virus ;) , so I went into Advanced Setup and unchecked the Potentially unwanted applications and Potentially unsafe applications, but it didn't help.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

What Windows O/S are you running and within NOD32, what Virus Signature Database version are you on? Have you tried temporarily disabling NOD32 to verify that the issue is being caused by ESET?

If the site itself is being blocked by ESET, (works when disabled but stops working when re-enabled) then it may be a good idea to submit the URLs to our labs for investigation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.