Free upgrade???

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by AusHelen1, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AusHelen1

AusHelen1 Registered Member

Ok, so I get this email sayting that till 31 December 2007 I can upgrade....

"Keeping our clients on the cutting edge of security has always been more important to
    us than making a few extra dollars out of a new product release, so until 31 December
    2007 we're inviting Australian NOD32 users to upgrade to ESS for the remaining period
    of their license at zero cost ... absolutely free ... no strings attached!"

Ohhhhh reallyo_O? :cautious:

Than why cant i find a link to upgrade? When I downloaded the rial version and entered my NOD32 username and password, it says my license will expire on the 27 th of December :mad:

My Nod32 license wont expire till August 2009! So where's this free upgrade for the rest of my licenseo_O
    There's no link on the Australian ESET website. So if you know where I can find that free upgrade, can you please let me know?
    Coz Im kinda confused now lol.

Thanks! :D

2. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

Hello AusHelen1

go to eset webaite then go to downloads then click on `Download Purchased Software` then enter your license number

regards

Ben

3. AusHelen1

Nah it woont accept it

I enter my license number and password and the screen keeps coming back. It keeps asking my for my username and password, over and over again :'( Its very frustrating

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you copying and pasting or typing it in ?

5. AusHelen1

I tried both

6. AusHelen1

I can download the AV 3.0 but not the smart security. It just doesn't want to accept my username and password :(:(

7. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Check your PM. ;)

8. AusHelen1

Nah it's still not working :'(

9. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

They have just done this for their Australian customers but they sent an email with a NEW password and user name, different from the EAV one

10. AusHelen1

No they haven't. Otherwise I would've received it. Im Aussie, I bought my software in Aussie, I live in Aussie, they dont come more Aussie then me lol! So where's my email? :(

11. saffron

saffron Registered Member

The word is ESET is still letting the Australian branch down badly over the free upgrade.

Complaining here won't get you anywhere. I don't think ESET Oz even reads this forum, except for Blackspear. Contact them directly. They're good people. If I could deal with them, I would, but I'm in the USA.

12. ToddOverland

ToddOverland Guest

I don't understand. Why is it that only the Australian group was offering the free upgrade, and not any other group? And, when they finally had to fess up, they claim that its ESET that won't give them an upgrade path? Australia is not the whole world, is it? No other country promised "free" upgrades - just Australia, and yet, they haven't delivered. Are we sure there really is a "free" upgrade? And if so, why is it only Australia offering it and not delivering on it? Ah, it's ESET's fault! Right.o_O

13. djmorgan

Yes they are delivering on it NOW! at least I'm a happy camper :D

Oh! yes Australia is the whole world! or a big chunk of it :-*

Merry Christmas

14. djmorgan

From the Oz site now!

When you purchase or renew you will receive a license which will
    enable you to download and use ESET Smart Security,
    ESET Antivirus v3.0 or ESET NOD32 Antivirus v2.7

[ Offer expires 31 December 2007 ]

15. saffron

Read the web and put the blame where it belongs.

A lot of Australians HAVE got the free upgrade from ESET Oz. Do you think they manufacture their own passwords? Who else's fault would the "mass" upgrade no-show be if not ESET's?

You can take your foor out of your mouth now.

16. Mike Dallwitz

Mike Dallwitz Registered Member

Please let us into the secret: how do you get the upgrade? I've had the same problems as AusHelen1.

17. djmorgan

Simple! I just opened my email!

Have you considered emailing them or ringing?, all their details are on the website:doubt:

18. Mike Dallwitz

Like AusHelen1, I received only one email, which contained the following:

~Private email removed per TOS....Bubba~

I've checked the website several times since receiving this email, and haven't found any information on how to upgrade. Looks like it's time to email them, in spite of the warning.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  19. Mike Dallwitz

I emailed support@nod32.com.au, and received the following reply.

~Private email removed per TOS....Bubba~

This is the reply I received today (16th December), but it looks as though the part from the Sales Office was written before 6th November.

Has anyone who bought AV before the 6th November actually managed to get an upgrade to ESS? And if so, how?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  20. djmorgan

You must have got some form of automated repaly because that was the first broadcast message some time ago, I suggest you ring them on Monday.

If you go to http://www.nod32.com.au/purchase/purchase.html you will see that you can now purchase ESS from the Oz site, you could not do this up until last Thursday, you will also see they confirm that a free upgrade is available.

You need to get new ID and Password and this can only come from Oz Eset so nobody here can help you, voice contact will be your best method unless you get an email other than the one above.

Yes I have been using NOD for many years and just renewed my subscription in October before V3 and ESS was released so they are honouring their stated intentions :blink:

21. Mike Dallwitz

I rang, and was advised to keep monitoring the Web site for information - specifically, the home page http://www.nod32.com.au/ (though I think it might be advisable to also check other pages such as the purchase page above). They hope to have the upgrade available before Christmas. Don't forget that the offer expires on 31 December.

22. Stormboy

Stormboy Registered Member

Maybe they waiting for the 31 of Dec to pass! :rolleyes:

23. catprincess

catprincess Guest

For anyone looking for news on the upgrade that hasn't already noticed this, see the link below for the latest details.

http://www.nod32.com.au/purchase/ess_upgrade.html

In short, the free upgrade path has not been provided as yet to ESET Australia, through no fault of their own. They have however gone out of their way to provide a short-term alternative offer, which I feel is very generous considering the problem does not lie with ESET Australia.

24. saffron

Maybe too generous.

I suppose the offer includes the whiners and insulters, but I don't have that kind of tolerance.

I'd be telling them all to drop dead. :)

25. catprincess

catprincess Guest

Yeah I think I'd feel kinda bad if I was taking them up on their offer, given they are going to lose so much money over it. They obviously care about their customers though which speaks volumes of them. That's the kind of company I like to do business with.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.