Free security solution TrustPort

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Paul2, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Just installed also.Could not resist 1 year license.

2. toxical2004

toxical2004 Registered Member

Ok, i'm downloading this stuff at the moment (dialup connection-DAMN,30 megs takes eternity to download.. :blink: ), so i have a few questions for those who have already tried it.
    1) what's about tha post mentioning it's like "PC conversion tool" , does it really slow the computer down to a crawl?
    2)according to the website, there should be a choice between Norman and Bitdefender's scan engines (it says it should be available from 04.2005 at the bottom of the page), and THAT fact is what drew my attention, not the crappy Norman. If that IS the case,then it should be quite a good bet for a free av! So, is there a choice between those two scanning engines (and if there IS, does it have to be chosen during install, or can be adjusted manually later)?

3. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

Well, I checked its options, and discovered that it uses both engines at the same time (with the ability to not use one of them).

4. waters

waters Registered Member

Mine only has norman engin.Uninstalled,because with heuristic enabled for realtime,it slowed computer to a crawl.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I won't pull any punches, I think trust port sucks. I won't be trying it again.

6. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

My computer hasn't slowed down to a crawl (I have it on the default settings). Anyways, I emailed them about this thread. Expect your problems to be fixed in a later version (or better yet, one of the people that work for them might post a message).

EDIT: I enabled Heuristic Scanning for the On-Access Scanner and it didn't cause my computer to slow down.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.