Free Program to backup windows drivers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tgell, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

DriverMax is a new program which allows you to easily reinstall all your Windows drivers. No more searching for rare drivers on discs or on the web or inserting one installation CD after the other. Simply export all your current drivers to a folder or a compressed file. After reinstalling Windows you will have everything in one place. The Import Drivers wizard allows you to install all the drivers that you exported earlier. Windows XP only.

http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Personally I don't see much benefit in this software.
    1. Acronis True Image took one-time clean images and takes daily images of all my Windows drivers already.
    2. FirstDefense-ISR took one-time clean archived snapshots and takes daily archived snapshots as second backup.
    All stored on an off-line external harddisk.

4. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

The benefit of these types of programs is when you use True Image Workstation with Universal Restore to restore to another machine.

I use Driver Genius to automatically install all of my drivers for the machine to be restored after booting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.