Found a Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by WilliamP, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

To start with I bought a new Dell a few months ago and turned on the Windows firewall. I started checking into firewalls. Bought Outpost Pro. Couldn't stand it. I know it is a good Firewall but there was too much to it. So I downloaded Zone Alarm Free. Stayed with it for about 4 months. I kept having the problem of loosing the internet. I would have to reboot to get it back. I have finally downloaded LooknStop. I have set it to the Enhansed Rules set and so far I really like it. I have quit loosing the internet and that makes me happy. I really like the GUI.

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

That's weird how ZoneAlarm caused all those problems, but LooknStop is an excellent firewall and I love how light it is :thumb: . If you need any help, its great to know that there is a forum here.

Have fun,

Alphalutra1

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Don't get me wrong about Zone Alarm. It is a good firewall and the only problem was the disappearing internet. I didn't know what was causing it. But since LNS I haven't lost my connection once.

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That is been an ongoing continued issue with Zone Alarm for as long as i can remember.

Hello all.

Some users will stand by ZA as perhaps the best firewall they ever had, and i won't argue that point either.
    When compatible with your particualar system set-up along with installed programs it is a very solid performer IMO.

What drives some away from it and is made for many complaints over the years, plus what lead me to finally turn away from it, is that notoriously buggy True Vector service that it uses. It used to break my internet connection far too often for comfort and always at the most inopportune times such as when addressing a user's HijackThis issue on online forums.

No amount of drawing attention to that issue in their forums ever seem to correct that problem, at least for me it didn't.

Since turning to KERIO personal firewall i have not experienced one single flaw or ever lost connection once with it and this is going on 3 years now i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.