Force a program to open in taskbar instead of system tray

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Would anyone know of a way to force a program to open in the taskbar instead of the system tray. When I open Backup Maker it opens in the system tray and when I close it I have to remember to choose Program>Exit from the interface or exit through the sys tray icon. I thought it'd be a lot easier to just avoid the sys tray altogether if possible. I tried running the shortcut with a /notray switch but it didn't work. I'm using Vista 32 bit.

2. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I don't think that there is some general switch or command that will let you do what you want. Usually there are settings in app that one can use to tell program how to open or close. If I were you I would check if there are any settings in program preferences regarding your problem.

3. allizomeniz

Thanks tomazyk. I did check and double check the program settings before posting. I should've mentioned that.

4. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I tested the software but couldn't find an option to do what you want.

I also checked their forum and found a thread where administrator claims that this functionality is currently not available.

Here is a link to translated thread:
    http://translate.google.com/transla.../index.php?showtopic=708&hl=systray#entry3462

I think that it wouldn't be too much trouble if they add an option where you could choose what clicking on X will do - minimize or close an app.

5. allizomeniz

No it shouldn't be that difficult to do. A lot of software has that option. I'm very happy with Backup Maker otherwise so I can live with it. Hopefully they'll had that option sometime in the future. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.