Floppy Disks - Data Recovery Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Capp, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I had a client call me tonight with a problem I've seen several times before. They came into the office and plugged their floppy drive... opened, edited, printed, and saved their work back to the floppy drive.

The next day they came back and put their disk back in the same computer. This time they get the dreaded "Your disk needs to be formatted" error. They click 'no' and try another computer....same message. I know generally this means the disk has become corrupt in some way.

What I am wanting to know is....does anybody know of a program or utility that can retrieve info from a corrupt floppy disk?

I know sometimes you can access the data through command prompt, but I need something that I can try when that fails.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. beenthere

beenthere Guest

Before you have them do that try reading the disk from a machine running Win98. I had this same problem happen to me several times where XP would not read the disk and Win98 would. If they can't do that, have them try close the dialog box and use WinImage to clone disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.